Ace Combat spamming the console in latest git build
When playing Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War with the latest git build, the console is getting bombarded constantly (several times per second) with the message:
Code:
RegisterIntrHandler: intr INT_RTC4, handler 8ca8

It just repeats itself over and over constantly the whole time the game window is open, completely filling the console window. This is also repeatable in Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War (except the 4 digits are changed to "89a8") and Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies (except the last 4 digits are changed to "8400").

I decided to try a few of the other games I have to see if they did it too, but they don't seem to. When loading Gran Turismo 4, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, and Kingdom Hearts, they all have this message only near the beginning after bootup (with various codes at the end) and then they quickly move on to other things.

I guess my question here is, is this a normal behavior? I'm not really seeing a speed impact as the 2 newer Ace Combat games seem to run around 55-60fps with the new HW mipmapping hack enabled. It just seemed odd to me. I went back and checked, it does this on the other dev version I have on my system also (1.5.0-1417-g8873b27) but not on 1.4.0 stable.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

Sponsored links

Hum, I need to ping rama/ref about it. Do you know when this behavior start to appear exactly ?
On Ace Combat Zero, it starts spamming right after it auto-loads the save from the memory card and right before the Namco/Bandai logo screen comes up.

On Ace Combat 5, it doesn't start spamming until just before the title screen appears.

On Ace Combat 04, it spams a chunk (17 lines) right before the Namco screen appears but it stops, then starts back up continuously when the title screen appears.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit