"Add Non-Steam Game" using PCSX2 version 1.7?
As the title implies, does anyone know of a way to add games from PCSX2 version 1.7 to Steam? It doesn't seem to be as straight forward as version 1.6.0. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored links

(08-26-2022, 02:27 AM)dareepa Wrote: As the title implies, does anyone know of a way to add games from PCSX2 version 1.7 to Steam? It doesn't seem to be as straight forward as version 1.6.0. Any help would be appreciated.

If you're using the vanilla one, it should work the same. If you're using QT, remove --nogui --fullscreen as they're not necessary. You're going to have to deal with the annoying flash of the emulator itself instead of the straight boot up into the game that you're used to, but it's only there for a split second.
(08-28-2022, 09:02 AM)IncapsulatedThought Wrote: If you're using the vanilla one, it should work the same. If you're using QT, remove --nogui --fullscreen as they're not necessary. You're going to have to deal with the annoying flash of the emulator itself instead of the straight boot up into the game that you're used to, but it's only there for a split second.

Thanks for your reply, Thought. I'm not as versed with using PCSX2 and am unfamiliar with the version I'm using (although I do see some "Qt" type files in the PCSX2 folder). I used to use "--nogui --fullscreen" on the older version to open games. Are you suggesting that nothing should be used for launch options altogether, or is there a new format to use when launching v.1.7 games from Steam? I just tried clearing out the "Launch Options" field in the game properties with no luck.
(09-07-2022, 03:06 AM)dareepa Wrote: Thanks for your reply, Thought. I'm not as versed with using PCSX2 and am unfamiliar with the version I'm using (although I do see some "Qt" type files in the PCSX2 folder). I used to use "--nogui --fullscreen" on the older version to open games. Are you suggesting that nothing should be used for launch options altogether, or is there a new format to use when launching v.1.7 games from Steam? I just tried clearing out the "Launch Options" field in the game properties with no luck.

If you have a game list with box art, you have the QT version.

It uses the same command line options as Duckstation, so what you want is -batch -fullscreen. You'll want it in the target field, though.
You're best off installing Steam Rom Manager as it will be way easier than manually adding games.
(09-07-2022, 09:29 AM)IncapsulatedThought Wrote: If you have a game list with box art, you have the QT version.

It uses the same command line options as Duckstation, so what you want is -batch -fullscreen. You'll want it in the target field, though.

(09-07-2022, 02:32 PM)Predycate Wrote: You're best off installing Steam Rom Manager as it will be way easier than manually adding games.

I got it going now. Thank you both!