Add cycles instead of steal cycles
Would it be possible to create an option as a command line or ini so it doesn't confuse the average user to add clycles to the EE or VU? There are the odd few games that slow down or frame skip on a real PS2 and having the option to potentially have them run as intended would be great (kind of like overclocking the PS2). I realise this would break compatability but thats why I'm thinking command line or ini.

Sponsored links

VU cycle stealing actually does just what you are talking about for some games(like SotC).
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-02-2014, 12:07 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: VU cycle stealing actually does just what you are talking about for some games(like SotC).

Yes it does where there is some unused capacity on one chip or the other but when they're both near maxed on the real ps2 being able to add cycles will help. Just been reading up how some people have been able to actually overclock a real PS2. There's a problem with the later models because the GPU and CPU use the same clock and overclocking the GPU causes a rolling screen as its tied to the refresh rate. Earlier models have separate timers and you can overclock the CPU (but also it appears the SPU at the same time). So its clear the games can handel the change it timings.
Hmm where did you read about PS2s overclocked? I wanna read it too.

Anyway, this has been asked before. I dunno why it doesn't exist yet. You can actually set the EE cycle rate hack well above 3 in the ini. Up to 100, which basically underclocks it to 1%. In my head I think it wouldn't be hard to allow single precison values like .5 which would double the EE clock rate I think. I could be wrong though.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-02-2014, 12:56 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Hmm where did you read about PS2s overclocked? I wanna read it too.

Here. Someone has sucess towards the end.

http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=2220.0
Interesting. Successful underclock. That's certainly a step in the right direction lol. Well, the wrong direction. But you know what I mean.
But still clocks are synchronized... it seems not to work only to overclock the ee and keep the gs at the same speed.