Add the ability to swap memory cards
It's kind of annoying to have to continually swap between 2 memory cards since several of my games will only read from memory card slot 1. Adding a button to swap both memory cards currently inserted would be extremely helpful. I know you can just eject both and then re-insert them into their respective slots, but that takes quite a lot longer than a single button click would and I have to do it a lot.
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 @1600mhz
Gigabyte H97-D3H | addlink S70 1TB M.2 SSD Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB

Sponsored links

Just use the new folder memory card feature. No more fussing with cards period.

If you are still using 1.2.1 then download a git build from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2 and it will have it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-05-2015, 11:31 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just use the new folder memory card feature. No more fussing with cards period.

If you are still using 1.2.1 then download a git build from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2 and it will have it.

Not sure how to install them exactly.
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 @1600mhz
Gigabyte H97-D3H | addlink S70 1TB M.2 SSD Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB
They are portable: download and run. No need to install.

After that you can convert your memory card (backup!!) to folders using the inbuilt function. Then you merge the folders in the file system. The correct memcard saves are added to a virtual memory card on game boot.
(11-05-2015, 11:31 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just use the new folder memory card feature. No more fussing with cards period.

Umm I think he is talking about something else and I also would like that feature.
For example on games like Ar Tonelico\Mana Khemia\Atelier Iris and so on,you are allowed to create a file and that file have several slots to save.But what if you keep your important saves on the other card.

On my PS2,I use my 8MB original card to save the games I'm currently playing and 64MB Datel card that have tons of clear game\before last boss battle kind of saves.
I lost my saves on Ar Tonelico 2 couple of times and that's why I moved the important saves to another card.

Same games crate a folder per save,other create one file and write to it which can be dangerous.
(11-06-2015, 07:03 AM)vsub Wrote: Umm I think he is talking about something else and I also would like that feature.
For example on games like Ar Tonelico\Mana Khemia\Atelier Iris and so on,you are allowed to create a file and that file have several slots to save.But what if you keep your important saves on the other card.

I know exactly what he is talking about. I used to deal with it on my real PS2.

But the folder memory card feature creates per game memory cards. Hence if it only reads slot 1, the saves will always be in slot 1. There is no switching to do.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
What if you create two folders(like I do...I have too many saves which use the same slot and saving again will take a lot of time)and place your saves there.
You can switch between them in the Memory Card manager window and he probably want to do that with a hotkey
Well personally I'd write a batch file to do it Tongue2

Anyway I wasn't saying it wouldn't be a useful feature, just giving an alternate idea.

Anyway I don't think it's that difficult to swap them the current way, you know you can drag and drop in the thing right(I actually didn't know that til recently.)

[Image: 1e825a.png]

E.G. you can drag like the arrows both to insert and remove.

I think adding another button would just clutter the UI. Where would you put it?
Adding a button is kinda useless but not a hotkey...you don't have to go to the menus then that window and swap the cards
A hotkey I could maybe see be useful. But I don't think it would be a priority for the main devs since it's more of a convenience thing.

If you are really interested you can post a feature request to github and see where it goes.