Adding command line to shortcut
Hello I'm trying to add a command line to a shortcut to get it to open a specific ini file but i keep getting a dialog saying Unknown Parameter. I tried a basic command such as "--fullscreen" but the result is the same. ie  "C:\Program Files\PCSX2\pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe" "C:\Library\PS2\Time Crisis 3.iso" --fullscreen
This is the line I want which I have for the target "C:\Program Files\PCSX2\pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe" "C:\Library\PS2\Time Crisis 3.iso" --cfgpath="C:\Library\PS2\Time Crisis 3 Config"

I also used the options in LaunchBox to add command lines but that doesn't work either. Do I have to download anything that PCSX2 doesn't mention or am I missing something with the command syntax?

I'm using the latest Nightly build with Windows 10 updated to the latest version

Thanks

Sponsored links

i don't think "configpath" works.
but you need to use only "-" instead of "--" with qt builds
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-28-2023, 01:00 AM)jesalvein Wrote: i don't think "configpath" works.
but you need to use only "-" instead of "--" with qt builds

Hello. Most places I read about the command line they used two "--". I'm pretty sure PCSX2's own wiki has two also. I tried one "-" to do a fullscreen command and that worked. How do people configure PCSX2 For each game? I've made an emulation PC and need it to swap between GunCon controls and a controller. is --cfgpath something that used to work but has been removed?

Thanks
You set per game settings and make different controller profiles in the UI
I see. Didn't realise you could right click on each game to adjust properties. Wish that had comes up during my searches. I kinda did a turn it off and on again moment. Cheers.
(01-28-2023, 12:34 AM)smash4686 Wrote: Hello I'm trying to add a command line to a shortcut to get it to open a specific ini file but i keep getting a dialog saying Unknown Parameter. I tried a basic command such as "--fullscreen" but the result is the same. ie  "C:\Program Files\PCSX2\pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe" "C:\Library\PS2\Time Crisis 3.iso" --fullscreen
This is the line I want which I have for the target "C:\Program Files\PCSX2\pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe" "C:\Library\PS2\Time Crisis 3.iso" --cfgpath="C:\Library\PS2\Time Crisis 3 Config"

I also used the options in LaunchBox to add command lines but that doesn't work either. Do I have to download anything that PCSX2 doesn't mention or am I missing something with the command syntax?

I'm using the latest Nightly build with Windows 10 updated to the latest version

Thanks

All QT builds seem to have this issue. --cfg and --cfgpath both aren't working anymore and don't show up in the -help list as command variables. If they've been offically depreciated it'd be nice to know that by the authors. This was how I set per game memory card settings. "gamesettings" doesn't include memory card settings for some reason. I tried manually adding Memory Card Settings there and it wasn't read by the emulator.

I like keeping per game traditional memory cards for swapping with a real PS2 or other emulators. PCSX2 is a walled garden now.
Just a guess,the QT version have an option to keep settings for each game so if that option is enabled(it is enabled by default),just running a game from the command line,it will automatically run it with that game settings
(02-27-2023, 07:11 PM)vsub Wrote: Just a guess,the QT version have an option to keep settings for each game so if that option is enabled(it is enabled by default),just running a game from the command line,it will automatically run it with that game settings

Hi,
i'm sorry but i have last version qt of this emulator and if i set a special profile for a game works perfectly, but in LaunchBox if i starts this game starts with default profile and not is correct.

I would use this settings for my collection Light Gun Games.
Please help me! How to do ??
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.