Adjusting general sync
Question 
I have question, is it possible adjusting general sync to half e.g framerate, sound, respond controller,etc?
If yes, any of dev planning to coding it? I believe it give HUGE impact performance especially demanding games. Thanks Smile
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y

Sponsored links

I think it all depends on the FPS of the game you're playing, and the sound would play accordingly if you do not use asynchronous mix in the audio plugin Tongue
(07-05-2013, 11:53 AM)Coornio Wrote: I think it all depends on the FPS of the game you're playing, and the sound would play accordingly if you do not use asynchronous mix in the audio plugin Tongue

limit is using standard ntsc or pal while sound sync use doubled and controller halved, may be Vu cycle too Smile
I think devs won't
because main aim is accuracy not performance Smile
The aim in accuracy, and people like myself have guides to handle the performance side of things. If you can't manage decent performance your pc has to be over 15 years old. mine was 3 years old when I bought it. and I had it for 8 years before I upgraded it. Mine was the bottom of the barrel. Yet I still managed to soak out every little inch of performance I could from it. Now I have an i3 and it's effortless, but in order to truly appreciate it, you have to have come from the bottom and worked your way up.
Cos recently very often complain games Sotc (tbh i don't own this game, but i'm gonna buy and test it) run very slow and some demanding games too, if framerate unlocked while others being adjusted (e.g sound,controll respond,vu cycle) and well synced. It help on performance Smile
Note: i know it sound too much and it isn't easy but i believe devs are smartest people they could do it Smile
dude.. learn to read?

rama, Refraction, jesalvein and others have ALL said VU cycle stealing was designed by WATCHING SoTC.
(07-05-2013, 03:34 PM)Saiki Wrote: dude.. learn to read?

rama, Refraction, jesalvein and others have ALL said VU cycle stealing was designed by WATCHING SoTC.

like i said before i don't own that game, so i have no idea how this games works.
But could you test it by lowering framerate 75% (ntsc=15fps,pal=12.5fps) or maybe other demanding games too Smile . Beside that vu cycle stealing slowdown and flickering can be negate by lowering framerate :
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-VU-Cycle-...-Framerate
. Thank you
and still you haven't learned...

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Question-...#pid298864
(07-05-2013, 04:07 PM)Saiki Wrote: and still you haven't learned...

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Question-...#pid298864

i just asking question not asking devs to do it, i know it difficult to do such thing. Smile