Advice on choosing games to play on PC vs PS2
That's because 2D games aren't recreated in hardware mode, they're just stretched. Unless I'm mistaken...I'm just throwing around assumptions.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB

Sponsored links

It's not so much that they are stretched, but that 2d sprites don't scale as well as 3d models. You can basically render a model at any resolution you want, and the higher it is the prettier it will be. With 2d sprites, if it's drawn 32x32 pixels it will always pretty much look the same. You can add some filters to smooth out the edges, but at best you'll an image that looks slightly out of focus, and at worse you get a blurry mess with maligned textures (causing texture cracks since the filtered textures don't incorporate information about their neighbors)
ohh I didn't think of that. So I should play games that need the joysticks on the ps2 controller on PS2. And any games that I want to rumble! Pretty much any fighting game would be hard to use with the keyboard arrows.

I'm not going to get a controller for PC games when I've got ps2 controllers.

So 2D isn't really improved visually on emulator? But they still do run fast in the emulator, and some games have a painfully slow walk speed. In ePSXe, there was a plugin that would make all FPS go to max when you pressed (for example) Spacebar. It was awesome. F4 is kinda similar with pcsx2.
Thanks to everyone who works on PCSX2 and its components. It's awesome to play on PC and it just keeps getting better!
Well for advanced controller setups, I meant more towards games like Shadow of the Colossus or Kingdom Hearts which use the sticks for movement and camera, and then every other button, including D-Pad for actions. Fighting games wouldn't be hard using the arrows, but games with every button used commonly is best played on a controller.

2D games can be improved graphically, but they have their limit and will become blurry, pixelated, distorted or whatever else when the resolution is increased too much. Antialiasing can help of course, but it doesn't help as it does on 3D objects.
And yes, if you turn the frame limit off, 2D games would get a massive speed boost and the characters would run really fast.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB