After closing PCSX2, PC is not detecting speakers
Hi everyone,

Hope you all are fine.

Posted about this on the subreddit a while back with no solution. Tried searching here before making an account to post this and no luck, either. My issue here is that I use a headset and a 360 controller while playing, so I can stream the game to my friend over discord as we talk. I only have two front USB ports on my tower, so when he goes offline I have to unplug the mic and plug in my regular speakers.

When I do this I make sure I save my game and close PCSX2 to avoid any kind of issues with the in-game sound breaking. USUALLY, when I then reopen PCSX2, my sound works perfectly fine from my speakers. However, a small portion of the time, PCSX2 somehow causes my pc to completely fail to recognize my speakers. When plugged in, the little volume icon in the bottom right shows a red X icon and no devices are listed to switch to. I've had this pc for over 2 years now, and this has never once been an issue over dozens and dozens of different games and programs. If anyone has any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it.

I considered posting this in the bug report forum but I think it's probably an issue with windows moreso so I went here, if this is the wrong subforum I do apologize. Smile Running Windows 10 home 64 bit, PCSX2 1.6.0, MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 mobo, XFX 570 RS 8gb gpu, Ryzen 5 2600 cpu, 16gb ram.

Thank You

Sponsored links

I swear I've seen something similar before in this forum and I even thought of replying or did reply but also no resolution was ultimately found... Anyways onto your issue...

What I would do if i were in your situation would be to get a USB hub and configure discord to use your headset at the same time so you can have speakers and headset (and any number of accessories) plugged in.

This you? https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PC-not-r...sing-PCSX2