After playing around with FFX...
VRAM means video ram, the today's ones are DDR5 against the DDR3 the rest of the machine uses.

Maybe is time to play the game, I'm sure you wont notice any difference from 4x and 6x while doing this Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Yup, for one, we're talking about video memory here.
For another, I already explained above what an internal resolution that high will actually do.

As for your major differences ... here's some handy comparison screenshots of high internal resolutions at the same output resolution.

3x:

5x

6x

And for giggles, 3x with 8x MSAA

Obviously, going lower than 3x, which will result in the rendering resolution being lower than output by a good margin for pretty much all displays these days will be noticeable. Beyond that ... not so much.
Listen to nosisab and just play the game instead of chasing something that really doesn't matter Smile
Im curious, what does x5 Native with 8x MSAA look like? I mean personally 3x with MSAA looks better at the cost of some image quality, but from what i can see, this is due to the lower res than the MSAA spoiling it. But if x5 Native is full 60fps, if with MSAA x8 is fine then id go with that. Or hell, try 5x with FXAA, that'd probably work pretty well with next to no performance cost Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

5x w/ 8x MSAA:

Although to be honest, I still can't really see any real difference. Maybe a few tiny cases here and there if I lean on close enough to kiss the monitor, but yeah Smile

Either way, that's pretty much what I suggested first - go with a lower res and use MSAA instead. Maybe dev name powers are more convincing Tongue2
x5 with 8x MSAA looks better than x6 Tongue

yeh if you look at the x3 with msaa, look at the hilt of her sword and compare that to x5/6, its very blurry in comparison.

Why hìgher upscale more blur?
I been using 16x MSAA for everything. Even on 6x native res. A lot of games I can play well like this but obviously not FFX. Is their like no difference between 8x MSAA and 16x MSAA? If so then what's the point of having 16x MSAA as an option then?

(11-15-2012, 01:41 PM)billyash Wrote: Why hìgher upscale more blur?

Are you sure about that?
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Of course there's a difference between 8x MSAA and 16x MSAA, if there wasn't, it would have never been developed. The downside is the load on the GPU increases to calculate the extra aliasing.

Personally id just use FXAA, but then again even on PC games, due to resolutions being so high these days you don't really "need" a lot of AA. Not like the old days when we had 1024x768 monitors where it looked obviously jaggy, all you need is enough to smooth off the edges.

Even my old CRT monitor had greater res than that.... You must of had a cheap monitor... Anyways I thought you were going to go back to the DOS era for games. Instead you only took it back to like windows 98. Back on track now. Where is the FXAA feature at? I never seen it just MSAA. I suppose I definitely do not need both of them on and enabled cause that would seem pointless but which one is best to use in your opinion?
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
From a quick check in the code, it looks like the "Page Up" key enables it

if not you can do this in the gsdx ini

fxaa=1