All games blurry, how to fix?
Hi, I'm running pcsx2 in a arcade cab to emulate some arcade gems that mame can't currently do. I have an ATI 6570 1 gb card, I5 2400 and 4 gigs of RAM and running win 7 x64.

Every game I load is blurry like theres bilinear filtering happening and the colors look washed out. I'm running gsdx software mode. I tried dx 11 hardware mode and was able to get a crisper picture by disabling bilinear filtering and upscaling a bit but then I get lines in my games and other glitches.

I kinda don't know what to try now to get a crisper picture but without glitches. Any suggestions?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hi, sorry couldn't check until I got home from work.
Pcsx2svnr5127

All plugin settings are default except that I need to use Blend bff for deinterlacing, using GSdx 5125 0.1.16, and also for aspect ratio I'm using fit to screen, I know this can degrade the picture a little but other emus I stretch to fullscreen and they don't look nearly as soft/ blurry.

Games I'm trying to play are:
Metal Slug 6 (Blurriness not so present in this one)
XII Stag
Psyvariar Complete
Taito Legends 2 (Really blurry) for acade accurate ports of G Darius and Raystorm
I'm running iso's of them, since this was the only way to get ps2 integrated into my arcade frontend Hyperspin.

Like I said I got a crisper image using Hardware internal resolution but then I get artifacts in every single game I play.
Are these all 2D games? If so, changing the internal resolution will not help since it won't affect 2d surfaces. Stuff you can try:
Press PageUp to enable FXAA
On the GSdx configuration, press configure and try applying some MSAA.
Try using the Half pixel offset,sprite and wild arms offset which may help with the graphics bugs you get (some screenshots of those would help)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-14-2012, 05:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

(03-15-2012, 02:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: Are these all 2D games? If so, changing the internal resolution will not help since it won't affect 2d surfaces. Stuff you can try:
Press PageUp to enable FXAA
On the GSdx configuration, press configure and try applying some MSAA.
Try using the Half pixel offset,sprite and wild arms offset which may help with the graphics bugs you get (some screenshots of those would help)
Hi thanks for the suggestions, I will apply those also, but I actually fixed it, I was trying hardware mode on r4600 but then i tried dx11 hardware mode on the newest svn and 2x antialiasing and that got rid of the soft look and sharpened the pixels but also no more lines in any of my games. Weird!

Now if I can only get XII Stag going, the gsdx plugin crashes the emu. The zz ogl plugin runs it beautifully but going full screen with that plugin I get some sort of White disco like strobe happening on the tippity top of the screen.

Is it possible to fix that?
How do you get it to work with Hyperspin? I have been trying for hours...please help.