All games crash PCSX2 when attempting to run.
The most I'll see when attempting to run any PS2 game in PCSX2 AVX2 QT v1.7.3375 is the check for chevos at RetroAchievements.com , the activation of two widescreen patches, the disabling of Hardcore mode for whatever reason (Maybe the widescreen patches trigger it?), and then CTD. I don't even get to see the PS2 BIOS launch.

I included the crash log. The DMP file was omitted due to forum incompatibility.

Hopefully it's a simple fix.

I'm using a Ryzen 1800X with a GTX 1080 and 64GB DDR4 RAM under Windows 10 Pro.

Attached Files
.txt   crash-2022-10-07-03-02-31-780.txt (Size: 31,31 KB / Downloads: 214)

Sponsored links

update your gpu drivers, maybe ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-07-2022, 09:50 AM)jesalvein Wrote: update your gpu drivers, maybe ?

It'd be nice if that was it. But no; I updated my Nvidia drivers 3 days prior.
Are you using a start menu replacement, such as NewOldExplorer? if so, remove it, it's incompatible with Qt.

I use OpenShell (formally ClassicShell) myself which seems to work fine.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-07-2022, 08:20 PM)refraction Wrote: Are you using a start menu replacement, such as NewOldExplorer? if so, remove it, it's incompatible with Qt.

I use OpenShell (formally ClassicShell) myself which seems to work fine.

Nope. Vanilla Win10 Start Menu.
okay can you just upload the .dmp crash file somewhere so I can take a look at it, also please confirm which version you're using when you made the dmp file.

Thanks

(10-07-2022, 10:35 PM)refraction Wrote: okay can you just upload the .dmp crash file somewhere so I can take a look at it, also please confirm which version you're using when you made the dmp file.

Thanks

Check your PM.

EDIT: The forum is not allowing me to send a link, neither here nor PM.
then modify the link so it's no longer a link and leave instructions on how to put it back, i guess Tongue

Edit: Oh you have, okay checking

hmm, you must have PCSX2 in software mode, can you make sure Vulkan is picked in the graphics settings? you're hitting a bug with the software renderer that only you and one other person ever had, and I have no clue why..

(10-08-2022, 03:13 AM)refraction Wrote: hmm, you must have PCSX2 in software mode, can you make sure Vulkan is picked in the graphics settings? you're hitting a bug with the software renderer that only you and one other person ever had, and I have no clue why..

That fixed it. Thank you. Smile