All games intel graphics works but Nvidia doesnt
So for all games I have, Intel Graphics HD 620 works at full functionality with 'native'. Never drops below 100% which is cool for all the games I've tried it seriously doesn't lag.
However if I use Nvidia GTX 950m(from GSx plugin settings), the fps is straight at 50% with the same other settings...
Is it possible to make my graphics card work with PCSX2 1.4.0? 

Its seriously for any game this is really frustrating...
If you're wondering why I want my Graphics card to work its because I want to run 2x-4x native, 2x and 4x lag with Intel HD card.

Sponsored links

Update to the latest build here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Also, make sure your Nvidia drivers are up to date first.
Also check your power plan if it's set to high performance.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(09-29-2017, 04:15 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Also check your power plan if it's set to high performance.

I once had that problem, it really stings. But no, now I'm sure it is set to high performance.
(09-29-2017, 03:47 PM)CK1 Wrote: Update to the latest build here: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Also, make sure your Nvidia drivers are up to date first.

Nvidia Geforce drivers up to date.
How do I update? I just got a .7z file when I downloaded

I figured out how to install a new version but would that make me lose all my current data and settings? Or is there a way to make it just 'update'. Or does it just install another PCSX2 while keeping the older one?? Im confused.
You can copy the text files(inis folder) over to the new build which contain your settings. As for savestates it's unlikely they are compatible so you are going to want to play your old pcsx2 version, load your savestates for each individual game, save using the in-game memory card way, then transfer your memcards to the new build. You might have to run a game on the new build for it to create the folders for you to paste into.
(09-29-2017, 05:09 PM)Thescariestofall Wrote: How do I update? I just got a .7z file when I downloaded

I figured out how to install a new version but would that make me lose all my current data and settings? Or is there a way to make it just 'update'. Or does it just install another PCSX2 while keeping the older one?? Im confused.

The builds from the build bot are not installers like the stable 1.4.0 release is (usually) distributed as. That .7z file is an archive that you can extract, and just straight up run the PCSX2 binary inside. You can change the folder settings within if you want to use your old memory cards, but your savestates will not work because there have been changes to the savestate format since 1.4.0 released.

Now, a few theories on why your FPS would tank on your NVIDIA card:

If you're on a laptop with GeForce Experience, BatteryBoost is enabled by default and if you aren't plugged in to power, will bottleneck any game, including PCSX2, to 30 FPS (on its default setting). For PCSX2 this is particularly troublesome, because this ends up throttling the entire program, not just reducing FPS like a normal game.

It sounds like you set the GPU to your NVIDIA card in the GS plugin. Have you made a profile for PCSX2 in your NVIDIA Control Panel? Consider checking this and if you did make one, double check to make sure you selected the NVIDIA card and not integrated.

Really, REALLY check your NVIDIA Control Panel settings. Generally if there's an "Application Controlled" option, you really should set it to that. I haven't tried myself and can't confirm, but I would think if you have AA blasted up to 16x in there, it is really going to slow it down. Setting AA to 16x in the GS plugin absolutely shreds the speed on my system, I'd imagine forcing it in the driver wouldn't be much better.

edit: grammar matters
(09-29-2017, 08:18 PM)pandubz Wrote: The builds from the build bot are not installers like the stable 1.4.0 release is (usually) distributed as. That .7z file is an archive that you can extract, and just straight up run the PCSX2 binary inside. You can change the folder settings within if you want to use your old memory cards, but your savestates will not work because there have been changes to the savestate format since 1.4.0 released.

Now, a few theories on why your FPS would tank on your NVIDIA card:

If you're on a laptop with GeForce Experience, BatteryBoost is enabled by default and if you aren't plugged in to power, will bottleneck any game, including PCSX2, to 30 FPS (on its default setting). For PCSX2 this is particularly troublesome, because this ends up throttling the entire program, not just reducing FPS like a normal game.

It sounds like you set the GPU to your NVIDIA card in the GS plugin. Have you made a profile for PCSX2 in your NVIDIA Control Panel? Consider checking this and if you did make one, double check to make sure you selected the NVIDIA card and not integrated.

Really, REALLY check your NVIDIA Control Panel settings. Generally if there's an "Application Controlled" option, you really should set it to that. I haven't tried myself and can't confirm, but I would think if you have AA blasted up to 16x in there, it is really going to slow it down. Setting AA to 16x in the GS plugin absolutely shreds the speed on my system, I'd imagine forcing it in the driver wouldn't be much better.

edit: grammar matters

How do you make a profile for PCSX2, I cant even find the .exe
Btw, I figured out how to run it and it really matches what you said.
I need to have the charger connected so that it works...It runs smoothly with full FPS when charger is connected. The moment I disconnect it goes down to 30FPS. I'll check that battery boost thing maybe if I can turn it off that will make me able to run games HD with no charger needed.

I figured out how to do it thanks everyone.
Basically there are two solutions:
Temporary: Everytime you restart your computer disable it from nvidia geforce experience(preferred) or restore defaults with control panel.
Permenant Uninstall Nvidia Geforce Experience
(09-30-2017, 12:19 AM)Thescariestofall Wrote: How do you make a profile for PCSX2, I cant even find the .exe
Btw, I figured out how to run it and it really matches what you said.

Honestly you're not missing much. If you want to try, in your NVIDIA Control Panel, on the left select "Manage 3D Settings", then in the center hit the "Program Settings" tab. This will list games and whatnot, but you can add an exe and override the global settings this way. But as I said before, this is most likely gonna only hurt things because application settings usually work best.

Glad it was just the BatteryBoost feature though. If you want to disable it outright, go to the Settings menu in GeForce Experience (gear icon towards the top right), then the Games tab. Flip the switch in the Battery Boost box, and like magic, it will stop slowing it down.
(09-30-2017, 01:58 AM)pandubz Wrote: Honestly you're not missing much. If you want to try, in your NVIDIA Control Panel, on the left select "Manage 3D Settings", then in the center hit the "Program Settings" tab. This will list games and whatnot, but you can add an exe and override the global settings this way. But as I said before, this is most likely gonna only hurt things because application settings usually work best.

Glad it was just the BatteryBoost feature though. If you want to disable it outright, go to the Settings menu in GeForce Experience (gear icon towards the top right), then the Games tab. Flip the switch in the Battery Boost box, and like magic, it will stop slowing it down.

What great people are in these forums. Thanks everyone!!! I have completely resolved the issue.