All games run slow
(01-11-2017, 05:46 AM)0514791 Wrote: Let's say I were to update the CPU (and the motherboard, my current mobo doesn't support anything recent) would it be theoretically possible to run the Jak games lagless and at high quality? Reading around the forums, they seem to be kinda tricky to emulate.
No, it won't be possible. You can further reduce the amount of frames it drops by and how often it happens, but you won't be able to play the games lagless. There are some scenes that will be too demanding for any system with the current PCSX2.

Sponsored links

Hi. Im an absolute noob about this so im prepared for it to be something dumb. Every game i downloaded worked perfectly at first. no slowdown or skipping at all, but now most of them are suffering from so much slowdown its unplayable. No settings have been altered, no changes to the PC. No new background programs have been installed. it just went from perfect to messed up overnight. 

The only thing that has changed in regard to the pc since the emulator started slowing down has been the number of game ISO's. i went from 5 at first to about 13 rather quickly. im hoping that isn't why, as these are games from my childhood, but could that be it?   

I'm not quite sure about the specs as I got this pc pre-built from a friend. but as I said before. it ran all the original 5 games perfectly before. so i don't see how my specs wouldn't be good enough
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]