All sorts of confusion with PCSX2 on Mac, don't know where to start
Ok, so I downloaded PCSX2 for mac OSX. My operating system is 10.5.8. I also downloaded the X11 thing, and the NVidia thing per instructions.

First when I opened PCSX2, it would open, and X11 would open, but then X11 would give me the error message:

"dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/./pcsx2
Reason: image not found
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 1173 Trace/BPT trap ./pcsx2
"

Then I tried following the instructions in the support thread, typing things into terminal and enabling the root thing, and now PCSX2 starts up fine with no X11 error, except there appears to be no way of loading a game or doing anything. When I click on the "file" drop down menu for PCSX2, all the options are greyed out, and there isn't even a "new ISO" or "Open ISO" or any option there at all anyway. There's just New, Open, Save, Save As, Revert, Page Setup, and Print, but all are greyed out except for Page Setup. And when I click the "PCSX2" drop down menu, the only options are "about PCSX2," and quit, and stuff like that. Nothing to actually start a game.

Additionally, I wasn't able to complete the instructions in the support thread.

After step 6, enable root user, it says:

"Step Seven:
Then type the following:
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/ (press enter)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
(if you dont see anything while you type the password, dont worry, you are not supposed too see anything, it has with security to do)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)"

However, I didn't see anywhere within the root user window where you could actually type anything. It didn't specify where to type this, so I had to skip this part.

Then I decided to try the more advanced method. I was able to do this part:

"First you open x11 (NOT xQuartz) then press Command+N or click "Applications" on the menubar and select "Terminal" thereafter you type the following:
(please make sure your PCSX2.app is in your applications forlder)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked for password as usual)
chmod +x /applications/pcsx2.app
chmod +x /applications/pcsx2.app/*
chmod +x /applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/pcsx2
logout(or)exit"

In fact it was after that when my initial X11 error stopped happening. However, the next step involving downloading Batchmod was impossible as well. I first tried downloading the most updated version, the full version, and all the check boxes I was supposed to click and change were greyed out, and wouldn't let my check them or change the owner name.

I then tried downloading the beta version, and it wouldn't even open. It would expectedly quit before ever opening whenever I tried opening it. So I had to skip that step as well.

Additionally, because the normal PCSX2 that I downloaded following the instructions here and elsewhere didn't work, I tried downloading "PCSX2 Ultimate" that I found elsewhere on the internet. And what it is is a folder containing PCSX2 9.7, PCSX2 PG, PCSX2 SP, PCSX2-LEGACY, PCSX2ULTIMATE, and PCSX29.6, as well as "readme.rtf" file. And I've tried opening all of these. All of them seem to open alongside a terminal type file, and many of the terminal files say various things failed to load, plugins failed to load, or some of them say most things loaded correctly, but one thing didn't.

Also one is completely in chinese, not the terminal file, but the actual drop down menus and all the words, so I can't navigate any of that.

So I have no idea where to start. Should I try loading games into all these "ultimate" PCSX2 folders? How do I get the normal one working and get it to actually have drop down menus where i can select ISOs and not have everything greyed out? Or did I mess up everything permanently by skipping the steps in the guide I didn't understand and only inputting like half of the terminal and root stuff because I couldn't figure out the rest, as well as skipping the batchmod stuff because it was all greyed out?

What do I do now? Please assist if you can!!!

Sponsored links

Also now that I suspect the step 7 stuff was actually meant to be typed in X11's terminal, since there was nowhere to type it inside the root thing and that didn't even really make sense, I'm now trying to open the terminal back and up and type in the step 7 stuff now retroactively, however now when I do command+N, or go Applications -> Terminal, nothing opens up. The drop down menu flashes like I selected it fine, but the terminal window won't open. Nothing happens.

AHHHH.

OK actually now that I opened PCSX2 first, then X11, after restarting my computer, X11's terminal works again. However, when I open X11 after PCSX1, the terminal pops up called "bash" like before and it has I think the same error as before again:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 445 Trace/BPT trap ./pcsx2

So I guess that's back too, the only difference from before is that X11 doesn't open by itself and that error message pop up whenever I open PCSX2. Now when I open PCSX2, it opens by itself, no X11, and only when I open X11 manually after that, and open up a new terminal window, does a second terminal window open called "bash" with that error message on it.

So that's weird.

EDIT: Still not working. Well I mean, PCSX2 opens fine, there's just nothing I can do with it, no preferences, no way to open any files, everything greyed out in the drop down menus. And getting error message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 468 Trace/BPT trap ./pcsx2

What do I do?
Quote:Additionally, because the normal PCSX2 that I downloaded following the instructions here and elsewhere didn't work, I tried downloading "PCSX2 Ultimate" that I found elsewhere on the internet. And what it is is a folder containing PCSX2 9.7, PCSX2 PG, PCSX2 SP, PCSX2-LEGACY, PCSX2ULTIMATE, and PCSX29.6, as well as "readme.rtf" file.
Little thing about this.
You won't get any kind of support for those un official versions. Just erase that crap and try to make the normal one work instead.
Quote:However, I didn't see anywhere within the root user window where you could actually type anything. It didn't specify where to type this, so I had to skip this part.
I think you'll need to open a new terminal window, then type the commands mentioned in step 6. Basically, you'll simply use the root user you've just enabled in step 5.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-29-2013, 08:19 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Little thing about this.
You won't get any kind of support for those un official versions. Just erase that crap and try to make the normal one work instead.
I think you'll need to open a new terminal window, then type the commands mentioned in step 6. Basically, you'll simply use the root user you've just enabled in step 5.

Thanks yeah I figured out that it was probably meant to be typed in terminal, which I did afterwards, but now I've done it all out of order as a result of not understanding it the first time through.

And I've tried it a bunch of times and I'm still getting that error like I posted.

Still need help with this!!!
It's still not working for me. Does anyone have the answers?
Mayne someone who knows about the mac port.
Sorry, i'm not one of them Sad
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Make sure the "X11 thing" is the newest version of XQUARTZ available for Leopard (and not any other version/software).