Allocating Ram
Does allocating More ram Boost up the Gameplay?

Sponsored links

unless your PC uses swp very often, no...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-17-2012, 11:33 PM)jesalvein Wrote: unless your PC uses swp very often, no...

Sorry im really new to PCSX2 but whats Swp?
swp = swap , aka pagefile , when you dont have enough ram, your computer uses a file on the hard drive to substitute ram, but its alot slower then ram causing the pc to run more slowly since it has to keep writing/reading data from the swap file.

You can tell if your pc is using swap by looking at the hard drive light on your computer (if its constantly lit then its a good chance the pc doesn't have enough ram, you can also look in task manger at the pagefile usage.)

I doubt this would be an issue with pcsx2 though.
(06-17-2012, 11:14 PM)Isakilla Wrote: Does allocating More ram Boost up the Gameplay?

What does that mean? adding more ram to your computer?
This is a doozy from the get go

the term allocation refers to to an application or kernel usage of paging tables and mapping to physical memory.

are you asking about the benefits of 4GB allocation or the actual installation of additional memory?
Isakiller Wrote:Does allocating More ram Boost up the Gameplay?

Please give us your specs. That should answer a lot of things.

If you have 4GB or more memory then go ahead and use the 4GB patch on the executable program which will allow PCSX2 to use a little more memory (Hey devs, why don't you give out PCSX2 pre-patched with this anyway? What's the downside?) - but if you have less than 4GB then I wouldn't bother.

Some games use a bit more memory and therefore this should help - but the majority won't have a difference. I suppose that higher-speed memory would help a little too, but all in all memory doesn't play a huge role in getting more FPS. The only time you should be worried is if you're using a computer ridiculously low on memory by today's standards (like 512MB).
(06-18-2012, 04:18 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: Please give us your specs. That should answer a lot of things.

If you have 4GB or more memory then go ahead and use the 4GB patch on the executable program which will allow PCSX2 to use a little more memory (Hey devs, why don't you give out PCSX2 pre-patched with this anyway? What's the downside?) - but if you have less than 4GB then I wouldn't bother.

Some games use a bit more memory and therefore this should help - but the majority won't have a difference. I suppose that higher-speed memory would help a little too, but all in all memory doesn't play a huge role in getting more FPS. The only time you should be worried is if you're using a computer ridiculously low on memory by today's standards (like 512MB).

Here Comes the Specs Laugh

AMD Athlon || x2 M320 2.10 GHZ Dual-Core
500 gb HHD ( Not Needed but just incase )
4 GB RAM
AMD M880G with ATI mobility Radeon 4200 HD

One Bonus Question...
I have a Second Computer Which has 2.99ghz 3.00ghz Processor and Only 1 GB ram
How much Ram do I need to Add to it To make it Run Faster.
the cpu and video card are weak for pcsx2, so no amount of ram will make it run faster.
Agreed with Rikku, er, I mean Hyakki.

Your CPU is an AMD, a Dual-Core, and has a low clock speed, and you have a weak GPU. PCSX2 isn't going to work well for you, period.

But maybe your other computer has some hope, though 1GB is a bit low on memory but Windows XP or 7 shouldn't use much itself. But if you're using Vista, get rid of that POS OS. I'd recommend upgrading to at least 4GB though, memory is fairly cheap now.

What CPU and GPU does your other computer have?