Almost there >.< (FFXII)
Hi all. First off, apologies if this has been asked before. I searched but really didn't find anything like my issue.

I'm playing FFXII, the game runs fantastic, except when I go to open the party menus or the world map screen. Basically anything that takes me out of the main game.

What happens is my FPS will drop like mad whenever a menu screen is up. Normally, I'm getting around 45-50FPS in the game itself, but the menus...5-10 tops. Strangely enough, only the save menus don't show any hint of slowdown at all.

My specs:
Vista64 (home)
AMD Phenom 2.4ghz quadcore
9GB ram
ATI Radeon 3650 HD

And I'm using the latest beta.

CPU
Graphics
Speed Hacks
Advanced

It's not the best system, but like I said the rest of the game runs perfect. I tried playing with some of the settings...but I'm not really sure if I'm helping any Tongue

Any help on this one?

Sponsored links

Hmm it is a GSdx bug,seems it came back somehow (had been fixed in the past)
Try disabling Allow 8-bit textures. If that doesn't work give the latest GSdx release a try (0.1.14) or older
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well, I'm using GSdx 0.1.15 now. Should I try an older version?

But.. turning off 8 bit textures actually seemed to boost the speed in the menus up quite a bit! Thanks so much, they are still lagging a little but at least they are playable now.

Sorry for posting an issue so easily fixed >.>
hey, dont worry, atleast it'll stop it from getting asked again ( possibly by me ) Tongue