Alt+tab out of pcsx2 locks save states and toggling turbo
When im playing pcsx2 and i alt tab out, i will no longer be able to toggle turbo boost or use a save state. If i click on another application, instead of tabbing and then tab back into the emulator, then all is normal.

Sponsored links

(02-21-2013, 10:46 PM)perkyguy Wrote: When im playing pcsx2 and i alt tab out, i will no longer be able to toggle turbo boost or use a save state. If i click on another application, instead of tabbing and then tab back into the emulator, then all is normal.

I'm not sure to have understood the problem. If you remove the focus from PCSX2 that behavior is natural. If you mean Alt+Tab out and then Alt+Tab into the game again, that might be a problem of lost focus, just (mouse) clicking on the game screen should help recovering the focus.

That behavior is observed in some PC games and applications as well, one common example is when alttabing you don't have the mouse cursor on any application or the desktop till clicking it once.

PS edit: There is an option at the Lilypad controller plugin "Monitor when in background" that removes the problem at once for you. The only downside would be PCSX2 would be intercepting keyboard keystrokes (and mouse keystrokes if it's API is not disabled) while in another application, may be not harming but is good to have it in mind).
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-21-2013, 10:55 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I'm not sure to have understood the problem. If you remove the focus from PCSX2 that behavior is natural. If you mean Alt+Tab out and then Alt+Tab into the game again, that might be a problem of lost focus, just (mouse) clicking on the game screen should help recovering the focus.

That behavior is observed in some PC games and applications as well, one common example is when alttabing you don't have the mouse cursor on any application or the desktop till clicking it once.

PS edit: There is an option at the Lilypad controller plugin "Monitor when in background" that removes the problem at once for you. The only downside would be PCSX2 would be intercepting keyboard keystrokes (and mouse keystrokes if it's API is not disabled) while in another application, may be not harming but is good to have it in mind).

No, you see, once i alt tab out from the emulator, i cant get any non-game specific control to work. Example: i alt tab, fiddle with whatever, tab back into the emulator and all emulator controls, such as saving, turbo-ing and using esc to pause the emulation are disabled, BUT i can play the game normally, because the joystick controls are working.

They wont start working again until i have manually paused the game and resumed it.

If i alt tab outside emulator while turbo boost is on, i am not able to turn it off once im back into the game, using TAB. I have to pause/resume to get it to work.

This is a windows 7 issue only, i was able to freely tab in and out of XP with no issues.
(02-21-2013, 11:12 PM)perkyguy Wrote: No, you see, once i alt tab out from the emulator, i cant get any non-game specific control to work. Example: i alt tab, fiddle with whatever, tab back into the emulator and all emulator controls, such as saving, turbo-ing and using esc to pause the emulation are disabled, BUT i can play the game normally, because the joystick controls are working.

They wont start working again until i have manually pause the game and resumed it.

If i alt tab outside emulator while turbo boost is on, i am not able to turn it off once im back into the game, using TAB. I have to pause/resume to get it to work.

This is a windows 7 issue only, i was able to freely tab in and out of XP with no issues.

I see, just tested it here and got the same situation described by you. I'm not sure if it's a windows 7 (or 8 in my case) or if was something introduced in the newer versions or SVN, let's let the final word for the devs.

Although not officially a bug report the issue can be taken as confirmed and reproducible.
Press left alt again after returning to pcsx2 window;p in all windows left alt opens a menu to maximize/minimize etc, even when it doesn't show it is there and blocks all the controls untill you turn it off. I guess it is a bug through.
(02-21-2013, 11:39 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Press left alt again after returning to pcsx2 window;p in all windows left alt opens a menu to maximize/minimize etc, even when it doesn't show it is there and blocks all the controls untill you turn it off. I guess it is a bug through.
hmm, in that case is a "Windows feature" Smile

PS: confirmed your post also, miseru99, and I believe it is beyond the PCSX2 team responsibility. On the other side taught me how to look at some strange behaviors I have seen lately in general fashion.

This kind of persistence has some advantages tough, one example is in the keybinding for the Naga mouse, if I use shift, alt, ctrl (changing keys in general) and afterwards try to bind a common key it registers as shift+key or alt+key... and pressing the changing key again is needed if the idea is getting rid of it. PS: I mean, the possibility to register composed keystrokes without the need of recurring to macro.
Rather a GSdx bug;p, all other pcsx2 windows can be alt+tab without any problem and it doesn't activate the menu.
(02-21-2013, 11:46 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Rather a GSdx bug;p, all other pcsx2 windows can be alt+tab without any problem and it doesn't activate the menu.

Interesting observation, actually seems the problem is the GS screen does not have a menu and then the key is not released. In all other PCSX2 windows the menu is indeed activated.
It's generally strange, I have no clue how to handle windows throught the code, but normally when there's no menu alt will do nothing and it there is menu it'll not be open the menu if you switch to other before releasing.

Possibly it has something to do with GSdx windows being handled by pcsx2 gui(or soo I think it is;p), but really have no clue. Especially when ZZ OGL doesn't have this bug at all.