Alter Echo Language change
I started Alter Echo and the game is in french, despite my ps2 is set to english.

Any ideas how to change the language?

Sponsored links

you can't do that since every ps2 games is a fixed designated langauge and region.
what is it's alter echo's game ID e.g. SLES-?????
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(12-24-2020, 03:41 AM)smartstrike Wrote: you can't do that since every ps2 games is a fixed designated langauge and region.

SLES-51671
(12-24-2020, 03:41 AM)smartstrike Wrote: you can't do that since every ps2 games is a fixed designated langauge and region.

The game itself is in english, only the menus are in french.
Try to boot the game will Full Boot (if you're using newest PCSX2 nightly builds, uncheck the "Fast Boot"). I guess because the game is reading the language settings from the BIOS.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
yes if you're using 1.6 or an early 1.7 build, you will need to full boot to get the correct language, if you're using a recent 1.7 build and it's French, you need to set your BIOS language to English instead of French.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-24-2020, 11:56 AM)refraction Wrote: yes if you're using 1.6 or an early 1.7 build, you will need to full boot to get the correct language, if you're using a recent 1.7 build and it's French, you need to set your BIOS language to English instead of French.

I am on version 1.7 and if i change the bios language to german and do a full boot, the games language is german, but if i switch to english, the games language is french?
I'm afraid the version you brought doesn't seem to have English, there were 2 releases, SLES-51670 and SLES-51671 (the one you have), only the SLES-51670 has the English language.  If you look at the back cover you will see the language listed as German, though I believe it's German and French, where the SLES-51670 version is listed as English.

Just to prove I'm not mad, here's a list of the videos on the disc, you will see the Intro, Endgame and TD_TUTR (tutorial) videos are postfixed with only D or F meaning German or French, there is no English on the disc

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]