Am I wasting my time ? Can't get isos to run.
I can't get isos to run. I keep getting "GS plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficent resources or incompatible hardware/software" blah blah blah. Here's my log with my specs and I'm using standard vga graphics crap. am i wasting my time or is it actually possible to run the pcsx2 on my pc. any help is greatly appreciated in advanced thank you.

PCSX2 1.1.0.r5766 - compiled on Dec 19 2013
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
Physical RAM = 759 MB
CPU name = Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 04)
CPU speed = 1.990 ghz (1 logical thread)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 3febfbff 00000000
x86EFlags = 00000000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\zerogs-r5350.dll
Binding PAD: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\lilypad-r5350.dll
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\spu2-x-r5350.dll
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll
Binding USB: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll
Binding FW: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9645 games on record (loaded in 3601ms)
Path: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll

I'm a major noob in the emulation world. heck i still have a zsnes which was far less complicated. I have gone through and read other posts from members who have this same issue but i figured if I post my computer specs I could get more helpful info. thank you again

Sponsored links

What game you are trying to play?,Anyway Your computer no have resources enough for Pcsx2,you have to actualized you hardware.Pcsx2 requires to much for work well.
You are using gsdx version which your cpu don't support...try sse2 but your cpu is really week for pcsx2 and since you are saying that your gpu is crap and add to that you are using OS that is literally eating almost all of your ram doing nothing(less than 1gb is way to low for Win7),don't expect to run anything at playable speed
I was trying to play FFX. what do you mean by actualize my hardware?
I doubt you'll get above 15fps
(01-10-2014, 10:29 PM)vsub Wrote: You are using gsdx version which your cpu don't support...try sse2 but your cpu is really week for pcsx2 and since you are saying that your gpu is crap and add to that you are using OS that is literally eating almost all of your ram doing nothing(less than 1gb is way to low for Win7),don't expect to run anything at playable speed

I figured as much. yea i tried all the gs plugins and got nothing. Would buying a new graphics card work? or do I just need a pc overhaul.
(01-10-2014, 10:30 PM)CBN_23 Wrote: I was trying to play FFX. what do you mean by actualize my hardware?

You have to upgrade this machine....for work good in pcsx2.
I guess its about time to get a laptop

thanks for the help !!
Wow pentium 4? That is one ancient processor, it's almost 12 years old right now. You should upgrade your pc, a quadcore from 2009+ will do great for pcsx2. For example the i5-750 if you buy second hand.
CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 955 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk
RAM: Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333 @ 1600
PSU: XFX PRO550W

(01-10-2014, 10:43 PM)dutch_coffee Wrote: Wow pentium 4? That is one ancient processor, it's almost 12 years old right now. You should upgrade your pc, a quadcore from 2009+ will do great for pcsx2. For example the i5-750 if you buy second hand.

yea I'm being a little too hard on my pc considering I bought the whole lot (tower, monitor, keyboard and mouse) from a thrift store for 20 bucks. Can't expect awesome graphics from a 12 year old processor I guess. Well I tried. Yea I am definitely going to upgrade. I'll keep you guys posted. When I upgrade I may need help again.