Am my pc good enough to run pcsx2 smoothly? if so, please help
Am my pc good enough to run pcsx2(FFXII) smoothly? please help
My system information:
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 3070MB Ram
Display: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS 1392MB

I've tried on Final Fantasy XII, but the fps never gets above 40-50. please help...if it's good enough, can someone help me out with the configs.?

Sponsored links

sadly, you're getting the FPS you should be with that system.
if you want to run pcsx2 'smoothly' you'll have to upgrade both your CPU and your GPU (which i guess you can't because you seem to be on a laptop)

my advice is to get the latest GSdx, and put it on native resolution.
in pcsx2, tick all the speedhacks you can before the game starts having problems; and under the advanced options section, set all clamping to 'none'.
there's also a cool trick in FFXII. if you goto the options menu in-game, theres an option to change the Battle-speed. Set it to the fastest mode, and battles will be much faster, so even if you're playing at 50fps, it won't feel that slow ;p
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(06-10-2009, 08:25 AM)cottonvibes Wrote: sadly, you're getting the FPS you should be with that system.
if you want to run pcsx2 'smoothly' you'll have to upgrade both your CPU and your GPU (which i guess you can't because you seem to be on a laptop)

my advice is to get the latest GSdx, and put it on native resolution.
in pcsx2, tick all the speedhacks you can before the game starts having problems; and under the advanced options section, set all clamping to 'none'.
there's also a cool trick in FFXII. if you goto the options menu in-game, theres an option to change the Battle-speed. Set it to the fastest mode, and battles will be much faster, so even if you're playing at 50fps, it won't feel that slow ;p

I have very minor speed problems with FFXII myself (my system is considerably better than this guy's). You mentioned setting it to native resolution. I'm assuming you're talking about the little check box and not the actual running resolution. Well, my native resolution is quite high and definitely not the resolution I play on. Should I manually write in my gameplay resolution or keep the native box checked while actually playing on something different.

Native: 1680x1050
Gameplay: whatever the 1200-something 16:10 res is.
(06-12-2009, 06:24 PM)CrimsonLiquidLife Wrote: I have very minor speed problems with FFXII myself (my system is considerably better than this guy's). You mentioned setting it to native resolution. I'm assuming you're talking about the little check box and not the actual running resolution. Well, my native resolution is quite high and definitely not the resolution I play on. Should I manually write in my gameplay resolution or keep the native box checked while actually playing on something different.

Native: 1680x1050
Gameplay: whatever the 1200-something 16:10 res is.

your native monitor resolution is not the same as the native resolution in gsdx. and whether you run your pcsx2 fullscreen/maximized with your monitor set to 800x600 or 1650x1050 should have almost no effect on emulation speed. only the internal d3d resolution affects emulation speed. by checking native in the gsdx config all games are rendered in their native resolutions, i.e. the resolution a real ps2 would render them in (usually ca. 512x512). this is the fastest setting. higher internal d3d resolutions will need more gpu power.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403