An orientation through some of the PCSX2 BIOS & memcard tools (Windows).
Ok, so I re installed FreeMCBoot with the application addons so now I have what I was missing. I then used a Bios Dumper ELF file to dump my bios which was successful, I went to set them up with my ps2 emulator and it listed my BIOS as "Japan"...... is that normal? Is it because of Swap Magic or what? Either way the emulator is set up now and gives me all the options like to load a game so I guess its working now.

Sponsored links

Really Great Orientation Thread. thumbsup! =)

@CubitFoxstar93: Yeah, PCSX2 v1 & v098 also lists my extracted BIOS ROMs "Japan", i wonder why? (My PS2s are NTSC USA SCPH-79001, my other PS2s, are well, er, you know... "later" models. Wink

Bios Found: Japan v02.20(05/09/2006) Console
Path: C:\Program Files\PCSX2\1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files\PCSX2\1.0.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx-r5350.dll
Doh, hmmm, guess PCSX2 does not like that driver.
that avx plugin error can safely be ignored, your CPU obviously doesnt support AVX and PCSX2 isn't configured to not attempt to load the plugin

so just ignore it and use the GS plugin your CPU supports
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
Thanks for the assistance on that error log, but i do not see another GS plug-in in the drop-down i could use, i'm using the SSE2 (my GPU supports SSE3) version of the GSDX32 5350 plug-in. In PCSX2 v098 i used either the SSE2 or SSE3 versions the GSDX32 4600 plug-ins without visual errors in the logs. er, SSSE3?

Did things get better or did they get worse in PCSX2 v100? - I think both, the buggy plug-ins verses what looks like better smoother emulation in games...
Despite the similarity of the names, SSE3 is unrelated to SSSE3 and the same is true for SSE4a and SSE4.1.
AMDs latest FX CPU series ONLY support the SSSE3 and SSE4.1 instruction sets.
Therefore the recommended GSdx version for AMD users is the SSE2 one, except in the case of an FX processor where you should use SSE4.1.

There is a minor speed loss, but it is only about 10% overall.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
How do I get BIOS for ps2e
from your ps2 using the bios dumper on the main site
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]