Analog Sticks and D-Pad Controls glitchy during Blitzball in FFX Int.
I am currently playing through the international version of Final Fantasy X, and, whenever I play blitzball, the character who has the ball will go in all sorts of directions without warning, and the same thing happens with both the analog sticks and the directional pad. The player only goes in random directions when I am pushing a button on the D-pad or I am using the analog stick. It will be fine for a few seconds, but then my character will turn completely around, and, for example, I'll end up pushing left, but my character will go a completely different direction. The rest of the game (other than the first room in the cloister of trials in Zanarkand and the bottom level of the airship) is perfectly fine with those controls. Even the rooms in which the controls are reversed, it still isn't glitching everywhere. I am using build 5451.

Thoughts?

Sponsored links

Did you happen to set the ingame controlling option to manual instead of automatic ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-21-2012, 08:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Did you happen to set the ingame controlling option to manual instead of automatic ?

Of course.
(12-21-2012, 08:56 AM)guitarlifter Wrote: Of course.

You can control only the ball bearer, maybe are you trying to control Tidus while not having the ball?

The other players (including Tidus) will follow second a pattern defined in their tactics.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-21-2012, 04:43 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: You can control only the ball bearer, maybe are you trying to control Tidus while not having the ball?

The other players (including Tidus) will follow second a pattern defined in their tactics.

That is not the case, for I am no rookie at the game. I have literally accumulated hundreds of hours of blitzball play over the years and have maxed out my team's player's levels to 99 probably probably on 5 separate game saves.

What is happening is the player who has the ball who is going out of control while I am manually trying to control them. The player will stay still if I am pushing no controls, but, when I try to move them, they will sometimes follow my directions for a few seconds, but then they'll turn right around back into traffic and my controls start to get really funky like I will be telling the player to go up, and they'll be going right (toward my goal).

It's nothing I am doing wrong on my end. It's a glitch in the game itself when emulated by PCSX2 or a wrong setting of some sort.
(12-22-2012, 06:19 AM)guitarlifter Wrote: That is not the case, for I am no rookie at the game. I have literally accumulated hundreds of hours of blitzball play over the years and have maxed out my team's player's levels to 99 probably probably on 5 separate game saves.

What is happening is the player who has the ball who is going out of control while I am manually trying to control them. The player will stay still if I am pushing no controls, but, when I try to move them, they will sometimes follow my directions for a few seconds, but then they'll turn right around back into traffic and my controls start to get really funky like I will be telling the player to go up, and they'll be going right (toward my goal).

It's nothing I am doing wrong on my end. It's a glitch in the game itself when emulated by PCSX2 or a wrong setting of some sort.

Then is possible you are experimenting clamping issues which this game show sometimes with certain versions. You can try changing the clamp modes at the EE/IOP and VUs tabs at the emulator's Config. Possibly changing just at EE/IOP is enough, but try the VU also if the first does not work.

Just putting the clamp method in "full" may solve that issue, please report back if it succeeds. Return it to defaults when playing another game for it brings a performance hit.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-22-2012, 01:42 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Then is possible you are experimenting clamping issues which this game show sometimes with certain versions. You can try changing the clamp modes at the EE/IOP and VUs tabs at the emulator's Config. Possibly changing just at EE/IOP is enough, but try the VU also if the first does not work.

Just putting the clamp method in "full" may solve that issue, please report back if it succeeds. Return it to defaults when playing another game for it brings a performance hit.

I tried every clamp mode in both EE/IOP and VU in addition to messing around with the recompiler settings. Nothing worked. I also just noticed that my player won't even go right when using the directional pad. She will only turn right, but she'll just sit there. *Sigh* This is very frustrating.