Analog stick behaves more like a d-pad
Question 
The analog stick doesn't behave like an analog stick and instead behaves more like a d-pad, meaning I can't move slightly rather than all the way, and I can only go in exactly 8 directions. I don't know how else to explain it.

I'm using a PS4 controller with DS4Windows to make it appear as an xbox controller, but even without DS4Windows I have the same problem. I've tried messing with the sensitivity and deadzone settings but they haven't helped.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? And if so how do I fix this?

Sponsored links

moved to off topic since it's not related to pcsx2.
i suggest you use steam instead of ds4windows. it's outdated and not updated anymore
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-01-2020, 09:35 AM)jesalvein Wrote: moved to off topic since it's not related to pcsx2.
i suggest you use steam instead of ds4windows. it's outdated and not updated anymore

Maybe I should've clarified; I only have this problem with PCSX2. Also, as I stated in the original post, I have this problem even when not using DS4Windows.
you can't use pcsx2 with a ds4 controller if you don't use a wrapper (ds4windows, steam, fireshock, etc...)
SO, if you don't ue ds4windows, what do you use as an input wrapper ?
(09-01-2020, 09:43 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you can't use pcsx2 with a ds4 controller if you don't use a wrapper (ds4windows, steam, fireshock, etc...)
SO, if you don't ue ds4windows, what do you use as an input wrapper ?

I'm able to use my DS4 on PCSX2 without an input wrapper, I just don't get any vibration.
ok. try steam, then
(09-01-2020, 09:53 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ok. try steam, then

Alright, I tried steam. It still has the same issue.
can you please screenshot your lilypad settings ?
(09-01-2020, 10:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: can you please screenshot your lilypad settings ?
these settings are with me using steam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1 - restore default bindings
2 - disable dinput
3 - remap your bindings using steam as wrapper
4 - if that doesn't do the trick, tri ussing raw input instead of windows messaging