Another FFX lag issue
game seems to be running perfectly at 50fps now, have been for the last hour and half really... so I think Im gonna keep the cpu where it is now, cuz I dont want to keep turning it up and down after what game im playing Smile

Sponsored links

(06-23-2013, 04:01 AM)inzane2012 Wrote: well thats that then, kinda weird that a pc that is like 10x more powerfull then the ps2 has issues running a ps2 game, but i guess thats more the emu's fault(not that im saying the emu is bad Tongue hehe)

Regarding my hardware, I quite resently changed my PSU to a 850W 80Plus bronze PSU to be sure I had enuff power for my 7870card, so the PSU I know isnt the problem, the MB, was the top MSI card for the AM3+ socket so you should think it would supplie enuff power(sending it in isnt an option since thats gonna take like 2-3 weeks before i get back, and I really dont want to start taking my comp apart Tongue ) And as for my ram, its the Corsair Dominator 1600 Mhz chips, unclocked... I think its just my luck, never can get a 100% working pc by the looks of it hehe Smile
As for the CPU, I find it REALLY hard to see that this emu is more taxing on my system then for instance BF3 with ultra settings on a full 64man server with helis, jets and all kinds of tanks running around doing havoc Wink But, I'll turn on core temp just to be safe anyway Wink

Anyways, thanks for the quick replies and help!

You know nothing about emulation then, As Emulations can and will push hardware to its limits in comparison to games programed for it (PC games). And yes there high end computer out there that dont run all ps2 game 60fps.

I mean seriously Higan a SNES emulator need duo core to run accurately and right. and even then it might run full speed for all games and SNES was 21mhz cpu... It takes alot more power to accurately emulate games on pc then the original hardware needs.

You cant compare PC games to a PC emulator for consoles games. in all situations the PC emulator for consoles will need way more power then a PC game and push it more then said pc game.

Your problem is the gpu is overheating.... to boot 99c on gpu I would be RMA at that point unless you have really bad airflow.
(06-23-2013, 04:44 AM)inzane2012 Wrote: game seems to be running perfectly at 50fps now, have been for the last hour and half really... so I think Im gonna keep the cpu where it is now, cuz I dont want to keep turning it up and down after what game im playing Smile

Thats good. Pal version? Why not go for the International version and turn on the english options. so then its 60 Fps. Did the stock clock help or the CRC Aggressive?
Nope, i know nothing about emulation Smile and like I said, I think the MSI Afterburner gives incorrect temp readings, if my GPU was 99degs, my comp would have shut down long before, have security settings on it that shuts it down if it gets to 80.

And Riki, PAL was the onlyone i could get my hands on yesterday Wink And havent set my cpu back to stock no, game runs perfectly smooth now for some reason, even when Demi is cast there is no drop in fps...
What Settings did you set to fix it? And Watch out. Pal has a bug with Dark Valifor that can reset your game to new game..
(06-23-2013, 05:01 AM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: Thats good. Pal version? Why not go for the International version and turn on the english options. so then its 60 Fps. Did the stock clock help or the CRC Aggressive?

international version isn't necessarily available in any shop, in any country.
plus, if he bought the PAL version, why would he buy the game twice ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-23-2013, 05:47 AM)rikimaruaxu Wrote: What Settings did you set to fix it? And Watch out. Pal has a bug with Dark Valifor that can reset your game to new game..

I dont actually know what i did Smile I just somehow decided to play fine for a few hours, not a single glitch(except the normal graphicgliches) and hardly any drop in FPS... Maybe it was that I set med GPU fan til 75% to get the GPU under 50deg Tongue
(06-23-2013, 08:15 AM)jesalvein Wrote: international version isn't necessarily available in any shop, in any country.
plus, if he bought the PAL version, why would he buy the game twice ?

Theres quite a few bugs in the pal version "which in all terms is International 1st edition" That were fixed. And It runs smoother because of the 60FPS. "judgeing that from the speed difference i had on a snes game with a 60Fps Patch. Terranigma if youve heard of it" I guess its allright tho. Since he's probably in a pal region anyway. Was just saying that he could if he wanted to.
Im on PAL reagion yes, and by what i've learnt about the american and japan versions, I glad, cuz it's seams that they got an "inferior" game when it was released... I mean, Omega with just 99.999hp? Thats about instakill with Anima or the sisters I would guess Smile

Anyway, I managed to fry my 5770 card the other day, was trying out a new pc game, and I had to do some light overclocking to get it run abit smoother... It didnt like that... So I put the faulty 7870 back in while I was looking for someone to led me a GPU that could run this emu while I sent the 7870 back to the shop. And with the 7870, everything runs smooth as a babys bum, the only thing that drops FPS below the normal 50, is when shiva is summoned right before she breaks out of her "cocoon". Demi, Ulitma, holy, every aeon overdrive runs smooth Smile

So I guess that solvs that(also, im running 3x native)
And as for the Dark Valefor, I happend to run into him yesterday, I forgot excatly where the encounter was and got to close. Luckily, no bug appared Smile So all in all, all is well Laugh