Another FFX problem
(04-01-2009, 12:22 AM)Lord Zetsuei Wrote: So, another issue has occurred. I decided to just reuse this thread.

At the part in 'Home' when the party is just entering the summoner's sanctum and the team meets Dona and Issaru, the game tends to go all poligonal and then the entire emulator crashes. It keeps happening in roughly the same spot. Anyone have any ideas? What information do you need?

I've tried using every different Gfx plugin, but even ZeroGs is useless because it a) gets the same poligonal issue and b) has the same graphics scrambling problem that I spoke of earlier in the thread.

This is a known bug. Use PCSX2 0.9.4 or 0.9.5 to get past this point. Performance doesn't differ between these, if you're wondering.

Sponsored links

Ach, more downloads. I assume memory card files are transferable then? Also, where can I DL an older version?
Well, I could load my "latest svn" memory cards into 0.9.4.

As for the previous versions - google them around.
I'm using 9.4, because I couldn't find 9.5 damned cutscenes are running at 3fps... it's ridiculous... it took me 30 minutes to fly out of home...
(04-01-2009, 12:45 AM)Cain Wrote:
(04-01-2009, 12:22 AM)Lord Zetsuei Wrote: So, another issue has occurred. I decided to just reuse this thread.

At the part in 'Home' when the party is just entering the summoner's sanctum and the team meets Dona and Issaru, the game tends to go all poligonal and then the entire emulator crashes. It keeps happening in roughly the same spot. Anyone have any ideas? What information do you need?

I've tried using every different Gfx plugin, but even ZeroGs is useless because it a) gets the same poligonal issue and b) has the same graphics scrambling problem that I spoke of earlier in the thread.

This is a known bug. Use PCSX2 0.9.4 or 0.9.5 to get past this point. Performance doesn't differ between these, if you're wondering.
If you're referring to the point near the start of the game when they *first* meet Dona, my 0.9.6 did not have this problem. That said, it may have been caused by your unique hardware, or it may have been caused by different Advanced settings/speed hacks (or I stepped on a butterfly which you did not, sometime before this point).
I've had no problems with newer pcsx2 versions, why not try the newest one?
I used 0.9.6, the newest, and the game froze when I encounter Dona and Issaru at the Al Bhjed home. Then, I went to 0.9.4, but the problem is now ridiculously slow cutscenes
you using the NTSC U/C ffx? (and a memory card)
(04-01-2009, 03:35 AM)Lord Zetsuei Wrote: I used 0.9.6, the newest, and the game froze when I encounter Dona and Issaru at the Al Bhjed home. Then, I went to 0.9.4, but the problem is now ridiculously slow cutscenes

Cutscenes are fine in 0.9.4. Did you configure it separately from 0.9.6?

(04-01-2009, 03:29 AM)Goetter Wrote: If you're referring to the point near the start of the game when they *first* meet Dona, my 0.9.6 did not have this problem. That said, it may have been caused by your unique hardware, or it may have been caused by different Advanced settings/speed hacks (or I stepped on a butterfly which you did not, sometime before this point).

he's referring to the location HOME which is an Al-Bhed Village. Could you please read before posting Smile

I managed to solve this problem by enabling x3 Cycle Rate sync hack. Hope it will help.