Another Kingdom Hearts II/FM+ Configuration Thread
Looks like your CPU might be thermally throttling.

Sponsored links

(08-06-2014, 01:05 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Are you running from a disc or iso

ISO of my original copy. It's the same ISO I used last time I played, so I don't think re-ripping it will make a difference.

(08-06-2014, 01:07 AM)agent00skid Wrote: Looks like your CPU might be thermally throttling.

Should this be disabled for better performance?
Well, thermal throttling is usually a good thing, since it keeps chips from burning out. Check how much temperature your chip can safely handle and if it's 80-ish degrees, feel free to turn it off
(08-06-2014, 01:30 AM)Rassane Wrote: Well, thermal throttling is usually a good thing, since it keeps chips from burning out. Check how much temperature your chip can safely handle and if it's 80-ish degrees, feel free to turn it off

C or F?
(08-06-2014, 01:30 AM)Rassane Wrote: Well, thermal throttling is usually a good thing, since it keeps chips from burning out. Check how much temperature your chip can safely handle and if it's 80-ish degrees, feel free to turn it off

From the research I've done. 60C is pushing it for those phenoms

So this does look like thermal throttling.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(08-06-2014, 01:54 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: From the research I've done. 60C is pushing it for those phenoms

So this does look like thermal throttling.

I did some Google-fu, fooled around with some stuff in my BIOS, and now it's running perfect like it used to. I'm pretty sure it was the Thermal Throttling. Luckily, my computer is NOT getting hot, so it's safe to turn the TT off (for now). Running nice and cool, and my KH2 is nice and smooth once again in 60fps. Thanks a lot for your time, everybody.

However, I don't think this thread should be deleted just in case someone in the future has the same issue as me. Maybe what's here can help them!
we don't delete threads, unless they are made by spam bots.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I just want to chime in about your CPU overclock. When Nobbs mentioned that 60 C is reaching the limit of the CPU, don't take that lightly, especially not on the Phenom line of CPU's. I own a CPU from the same generation and unless you have a nice water cooling setup, 1.424 volts is overkill if producing those temps.

After researching your CPU, they originally start out as Phenom II X2s which means that not every X2 will be able to be unlocked and then overclocked on top of that. The 2 cores are disabled for a reason, they generally have low yields. I also doubt extra 300 MHz is a big boost to anything you do, including PCSX2.

I would recommend either getting a better cooler to maintain a stable and less-stressful temperature for the CPU or try working on that overclock some more.

If you want to know what I run, it's a Phenom II X4 940 Deneb Black Edition (3.0 GHz stock). In winter I push it to 3.7-3.8 and I don't let temps past 55 C. In summer, it's a much more modest 3.4, but temps don't past 50 C, so no harm done.