Another Star Ocean 3 Thread !
Mmm. I'm trying to play this game and could use some help/confirmation. I beat the heck out of it on my ps2 a few years ago, and had a desire to play again.

I'm currently getting fairly low fps. I've read some guides and messed with some settings, but I'd REALLY appreciate an optimal layout. I'm using PCSX2 0.9.7. My CPU is as follows: Windows XP SP3 Intel Pentium 4 3.0ghz 3gb DDR2 GeForce9800GT

After playing with settings and speedhacks I get roughly ~30fps. Sometimes drops lower and sometimes mid-high 30's. Now, It's pretty damn slow, playable, but slow. I've turned off sound for fps increase. The biggest jump in FPS i saw was changing the VU Cycle Stealing to 3. That jumped me up to around ~30fps from like ~18. But I'm not sure how accurate it is.

What I'm looking for is someone to either tell me that not only there is a way to get much better performance, but how. Or, to give me the unfortunate news that this is how fast this game will run on my CPU.

Thank you guys <3

Sponsored links

It will have to be unfortunate news(unfortunatly). With a single core at 3ghz you just dont have enough juice to play this game at fullspeed. You could try using SuperVU, set clamping to none and see if that gets you some more fps but as I said fullspeed is out of the question.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
I appreciate the response nonetheless GG =) I already had the clamping off as well to my dismay lol. Maybe a CPU upgrade with tax returns will be in order. Thanks again <3