Another small problem with PCSX2 and pnach files, any help?
Okay my first post was successful, as I figured out where to find the Cheats folder (thought it would be in Documents xD) with the help I got from here, I figured someone here could help me again.

I'm trying to make pnach files work so I can put them in the cheat folder, problem is, I'm clearly doing something wrong cause the programs offered to me [here](http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...tches-here) I hit a small snag it seems.

When I input the codes I want to make the pnach file and click convert, I'm either not putting the right labels such as Game ID, CRC, and Game Name or something, I don't know what to put in these areas. If I'm supposed to fill those in, then then the example telling me to write SLUS_198.83 isn't working.

That's not all, when I click to convert it tells me that something needs to be 8 spaces 8. I don't know what it means by 8 spaces.

Lastly, the top patch pnach file I first got [here](http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...hes-here#F) work's perfectly. How ever, there are others where I could just highlight and open in new tab to download a complete file and those ones don't work, but the first one at top does.

And I can't seem to get the ones with a full list of codes to work when I do the converting, I deleted the two slashes "//" as suggested, and it doesn't work when I try to convert it into a pnach file, it just pops up an error telling me to make it 8 spaces 8.

What am I doing wrong? The description in the links provided for the converters didn't help, they're kinda too vague it's like they expected new people to pick it up right away and know how to use it so they only showed the features and what it does, but they do not tell you how to make it work seeing as how there's no tutorial on YouTube I came here. It would help if someone can do a step by step explanation of how to use the converters.

I can't seem to get Cheat Engine to work, I can't identify the correct values that I want in it. I don't have gameshark, action replay or any of those other game cheats thing's, so I'm looking to try and do it with what PCSX2 came with provided.

I hope I'm giving good information as to if someone here can identify my problem, if there's something missing in the information provided to further help narrow down the problem please ask and I will try to cover it.
System:
Manufacturer: CyberPower Inc.
Rating: 5.9
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit OS

Sponsored links

The codes in the thread are ready to be used,you don't need to convert them...and of course they must be for your version of the game

Quote:When I input the codes I want to make the pnach file and click convert,
What are you using to convert them
(08-13-2012, 12:30 PM)vsub Wrote: The codes in the thread are ready to be used,you don't need to convert them...and of course they must be for your version of the game

What are you using to convert them

pcsx2 cheat converter, and also tried using omniconverter_1_0_3_R.

Both of which I obviously did wrong seeing as how you pointed out. But how do I get something like this to work if the codes are already working, but if I can't make them into a pnach file, then what am I doing wrong? Note pads don't seem to be working, cause they won't turn into a pnach file.
System:
You can use notepad to make a pnach, in the save as dialogue select All files instead of text document and then type your filename with a .pnach after it like 6549D4F7.pnach
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-13-2012, 12:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: You can use notepad to make a pnach, in the save as dialogue select All files instead of text document and then type your filename with a .pnach after it like 6549D4F7.pnach

Well that was simple enough, it worked, thanks.
But now the log is saying "No cheats found. Resuming execution without cheats..." and sure enough in the game no cheats are active.

Note: Enable Cheats is selected.
System:
And to make your life easier,you can associate the .pnach extension to your text editor
Edit:
Since you already made some pnach files to work,the only ready for this could be
1.Wrong CRC
2.For extension you used .pnach.txt
(08-13-2012, 12:46 PM)vsub Wrote: And to make your life easier,you can associate the .pnach extension to your text editor
Edit:
Since you already made some pnach files to work,the only ready for this could be
1.Wrong CRC
2.For extension you used .pnach.txt

1. How is the crc wrong if the codes came with it?
2. I right click desktop, highlight New, highlighted and clicked Text Document, opened it up, pasted the codes, highlighted file and clicked Save As, turned it into All Files, and then put .pnach into the name.

Which one am I doing wrong?
System:
1. Same game versions can have multiply different CRC's, soo even if the code is for your game version, you have to rename the file to fit your game CRC(can be found inside PCSX2 log after running the game).

2. That shouldn't leave any hidden extension, soo it's fine, just make sure it's your game CRC there;P(without the 0x).
1.It is correct only if you have the version of that game that have that CRC.
2.Does the icon of the file look like text file or as unknown file when you save it as crc.pnach after selecting All files from Save as Type
(08-13-2012, 01:13 PM)vsub Wrote: 1.It is correct only if you have the version of that game that have that CRC.
2.Does the icon of the file look like text file or as unknown file when you save it as crc.pnach after selecting All files from Save as Type

omg I feel so dumb -_- lol
it was the wrong CRC, only when I viewed the log and found the x0BB3D833A was where the problem was. When I was using Save As and making the .pnach file I was titling it as Final Fantasy X (cause thats what I thought I was suppose to do) but then I tried what you suggested making the title be "BB3D833A" and sure enough it worked, cheats were found.

Thanks.
And thank you to everyone else that helped me. Smile I appreciate it.
System: