Another "system.cnf not found" error
So I'm using PCSX2 0.9.6 on Windows 7 x64. Intel i7 720QM processor and an ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5870 blah blah specs blah: they should be more than enough. I have my PS2's BIOS (US) and an .iso of "Black" (US).

After pressing Run > Execute I get the ROM2 not found / EROM not found messages in red (whilst the PS2's boot splash(?) is being shown), however this doesn't seem to stop the game from executing. After attempting to run the game PCSX2 crashes, and Windows closes it. I took a print screen of the output log:

[Image: 76402456.png]

You'll have to excuse the colouring, it had been greyed out by Windows as it was trying to force close it, I adjusted contrast and brightness levels quickly to make it easier to read. I couldn't find an option to enable dumping of the output log, unfortunately.

Using the Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0 plugin, pointing to the .iso or 'compressed' .Z2 file gives me the same results.

The .iso does have a system.cnf file (in the root directory of the .iso), it reads like so:
Code:
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SLUS_213.76;1
VER = 1.00
VMODE = NTSC

The SLUS file is also there in the root directory of the .iso, it's NTSC as it should be...I really don't see what's wrong. Originally as the output log says "SYSTEM.CNF" I thought it wasn't finding it because of the case difference (the file in the .iso is "system.cnf"), but Windows isn't case sensitive?

Thanks in advance,

Jake

Sponsored links

redump your game disc to ISO using IMGburn
and 2ndly don't compress your ISO.(don't click that compressed .Z2 button thing) it can kill the ISO.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-27-2011, 06:56 AM)tallbender Wrote: redump your game disc to ISO using IMGburn
and 2ndly don't compress your ISO.(don't click that compressed .Z2 button thing) it can kill the ISO.

Is redumping the only way? I'm at university now, all of my PS2 games are at home (and I can't find that one any more regardless).

Surely compression doesn't kill the original ISO?

No way to manually point it to the system.cnf file?
Since you compressed the game already you will have to use the plugin you made it with, you can also try to uncompress it with the same plugin and see if it works then.

Also... you seem to be using PCSX2 0.9.6? That game won't work with that, try with the latest beta:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64