Another user with cheat code problems - running out of ideas
Well I am now officially lost.

I managed to change the directory files like Blyss said, fixed the codes thanks to tadatada, and go to try them out and just about everything is screwed up now lol.

The game is running, I can run around and such, but all the speech/text bubbles are blank, the spots for money/points are blank, and who knows what else at this point. My log keeps running 'manual block' and 'protected page' scripts like made, so i'm guessing something didn't work quite right.

I'll keep playing with it until I get it right though. In the mean time, any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Sponsored links

Are you using the default settings for pcsx2 and the plugins or you changed something.
What are your GSdx settings and pcsx2 settings if you changed something
Ok, I managed to get things to work again (text is back, etc) but the log still lists that it's looking for the cheats in my documents folder, even when I changed the directory to look for it in it's own folder on the desktop. I know I'm not the best with machines, but shouldn't that be impossible?

I have changed where to look for files, as at one point I read that could be an issue. I moved the folders to the desktop, and changed all the paths I know about accordingly.

The GSdx setting is : GSdx 5752 (MSVC 16.00, AVX) 0.1.16 [gsdx32-avx-r5350]

as for pcsx2 settings, can you be more specific? Not sure what you're looking for as doesn't that apply to everything?
I wonder why people insist in installing things under Windows special folders, this can just bring issues. For anything games and such just create a common folder, like C:\Games and or C:\Emulators and install inside them. If not for something else to grant not having access right issues and/or performance issues.

This is valid for PC games also. Don't be surprised on how many issues are corrected just by reinstalling outside Windows folders. If at all possible avoid C: altogether.

Not saying is the problem here, the message is clear the cheats are not found. To address this kind of issue create a blank .txt file under PCSX2 main directory and rename it to Portable.ini, this may cause the emulator to bring the setup wizard once again since it will force the emulator to look to subfolders under the main PCSX2 folder as intended (since the Portable name putting all together and avoiding Windows register dependencies).

Edit: among Windows special folders are the Documents folder itself and the Desktop (actually avoid anything under the /Users folder). Notice that there is no problem keeping documents under Documents, just don't try running applications from inside it and you are good.
About the Desktop, it is special in the sense Windows polls it constantly so it should not have more than shortcut/icons in/on it, even then the least possible for the cleanness sake.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I'll give it a shot. I am also debating uninstalling everything and trying it again somewhere else, see if that corrects the issue. If I did, is there an ideal place to use outside of C: ?
(01-02-2014, 03:41 PM)bookwormbabe29 Wrote: I'll give it a shot. I am also debating uninstalling everything and trying it again somewhere else, see if that corrects the issue. If I did, is there an ideal place to use outside of C: ?

I got some access rights issues already under C: under Windows 8 which never occurred under Win 7. So although not yet sure on how the increasingly "security" on Windows is developing. My advice is running games from under another partition or even another Hard disk.

Any partition letter would do (provided it is an internal HD partition) If only C: does exist, so be it, avoid installing inside Windows directories and hope for the best.

Edit: For the cleanness sake, I have seen people intalling programs changing only the partition letter... kind of creating an abomination like D:\Program Files and so on... that is just awful. Any Directory you create by yourself under the partition root does the trick. The name does not really matter but is common sense naming them C:\Emulators, C:\Games or such descriptive and short names... and install under them. If possible do it in another partition, becoming something like D:\Games, E:\Emulators... whatever is the other partition letter.
Well, hopefully my last post for help in a while: it works!

I uninstalled everything and re-installed everything. I kept getting errors when trying to avoid C: but I moved it out of the programs files and such for now. Despite it all, it STILL insisted in looking in the wrong place. So I figured if I can't beat it, join it. So while all my plugins and bios for the pcsx2 are elsewhere, I have a single file labeled cheats in the middle of no where, and since I put this folder where it insists on looking, the cheats work now. It baffles me to no end that THIS is what works, but whatever. It works, and I'm not going to fight it.

MAJOR thanks to all who gave their time to help me out. It never ceases to amaze me the willingness of people to help out a total stranger. You guys and gals rock, and I appreciate it.
(01-02-2014, 06:49 PM)bookwormbabe29 Wrote: Well, hopefully my last post for help in a while: it works!

I uninstalled everything and re-installed everything. I kept getting errors when trying to avoid C: but I moved it out of the programs files and such for now. Despite it all, it STILL insisted in looking in the wrong place. So I figured if I can't beat it, join it. So while all my plugins and bios for the pcsx2 are elsewhere, I have a single file labeled cheats in the middle of no where, and since I put this folder where it insists on looking, the cheats work now. It baffles me to no end that THIS is what works, but whatever. It works, and I'm not going to fight it.

MAJOR thanks to all who gave their time to help me out. It never ceases to amaze me the willingness of people to help out a total stranger. You guys and gals rock, and I appreciate it.
Try and make that Portable.ini file under the PCSX2 main folder. Make sure Wiindows is not hiding extension. Doing this you grant PCSX2 will look for subfolders directly under it's main... unless the paths point elsewhere specifically.