Another zone of the Enders 2 help thread
Hello,
I think I read all threads about ZOE 2, but I still have some questions about it: Is someone able to run it at full speed in boss fights ? I have a "good" computer, and ZOE 2 is one of the only games I can't play at full speed. I know it means nothing, and I know it's a very demanding game, that's why I ask if someone can run it at full speed^^.

I7 920 @ 4 ghz
HD 5870
6go RAM
Win 7

I tried 0.9.6 and beta 0.9.7 with 3113 svn, but there is no real difference. Same with speedhacks. I tried to play with native resolution, nothing different. Is there a way to configure it ? Or is my computer just not good enough ?
Thanks you !

Sponsored links

Try enabling/disabling 8-bit textures in GSdx, use frameskip (Shift+F4 while playing with the beta) and use native resolution, you should be able to get full speed with frameskip+native.

Yes this is one of the most demanding games in PCSX2.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks, frameskip help a bit, I will try to find the good settings.
Interesting thread. With that pc specs of yours and yet you're still not able to get a stable 60+ fps in ZOE 2. I guess this game is the king or emperor of all ps2 games when it comes to the number 1 most demanding game on ps2 or pcsx2. Anyway, arael53 did you used gsdx 11 (DX11)? I found that dx11 gave me the highest possible fps in this game. Here's my specs:

PC Specs:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86Ghz overclocked @3.73Ghz
- Asus P5K-E motherboard rev.1.02g
- MSi R6950 Twin Frozr II 810/1250 (stock)
- G.Skill Trident Ram 2x2GB (4GB)

PCSX2 r4287:
- GSDX rev.4288 Direct3D11 hardware 1360 x 768 resolution used
- No speed hacks or game fixes were used
- PS3 DualShock3 controller via bluetooth adapter with MotionInJoy program and driver.

And yes you are absolutely right about when changing the resolution to native, and it still doesn't do give any extra fps... This goes to show that just how stubborn the game is, haha. 1080p and native resolution produce the same fps, isn't that something? I made a video with my HD webcam of showing how my pc ran on this game
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...#pid155233
(09-19-2010, 10:14 AM)arael53 Wrote: Hello,
I think I read all threads about ZOE 2, but I still have some questions about it: Is someone able to run it at full speed in boss fights ? I have a "good" computer, and ZOE 2 is one of the only games I can't play at full speed. I know it means nothing, and I know it's a very demanding game, that's why I ask if someone can run it at full speed^^.

I7 920 @ 4 ghz
HD 5870
6go RAM
Win 7

I tried 0.9.6 and beta 0.9.7 with 3113 svn, but there is no real difference. Same with speedhacks. I tried to play with native resolution, nothing different. Is there a way to configure it ? Or is my computer just not good enough ?
Thanks you !

Hey I just tried playing this game with a similar setup and man do I feel raped. I generally get 40-50fps during crowded battles, even less during boss fights. I think ZOE2 is the most demanding game, because at least with other games I've tried you could hack them to a constant 60+ fps. Here it's 80fps one second, then oh lawdy we done hit 20fps. Unless there's some major breakthrough in the PCSX2 code I don't think it will ever run full speed
(08-05-2011, 06:21 AM)synce Wrote: Hey I just tried playing this game with a similar setup and man do I feel raped. I generally get 40-50fps during crowded battles, even less during boss fights. I think ZOE2 is the most demanding game, because at least with other games I've tried you could hack them to a constant 60+ fps. Here it's 80fps one second, then oh lawdy we done hit 20fps. Unless there's some major breakthrough in the PCSX2 code I don't think it will ever run full speed

have to love kojima and the amaizing engine, the cell shading effect is great, wise story, great gameplay and frking awesome music, the intro is just perfect, a shame that the game is one of the hardest to emulate, i couldnt bear the 20fps that the game give me in boss battles xD
Any of you tried one of the latest svn builds? I read somewhere Zone of the Enders got a speedup with gif transfer rewrite, maybe it's similar with second runner?