Anti-Aliasing?
Is there any way I can force anti-aliasing in PCSX2? or will I just have to go through my GPU control panel?

Sponsored links

GSdx's MSAA not working for you?
If you hit the Page Up button on your keyboard during gameplay, FXAA turns on.
Personally, I prefer FXAA over MSAA because MSAA can cause glitches, whereas FXAA results in no glitches, gets rid of jaggies and has no performance impact.
Enable MSAA in GSDX panel, and FXAA by PageUp hotkey.

Anti-aliasing level in Catalyst Control Center has no impact on PCSX2. I don't know about Nvidia Control Panel though.
AA in CCC does have impact atleast for me and the PageUp (FXAA) doesn't seem to work for me though, the screen doesn't look that better (Still jagged edges) Smile
(01-13-2013, 07:01 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: AA in CCC does have impact atleast for me and the PageUp (FXAA) doesn't seem to work for me though, the screen doesn't look that better (Still jagged edges) Smile

Same for me. I hit PageUp and there doesn't seem to be any difference. My PC is good enough to use 1-2 MSAA but whenever I have it enabled there's weird shadow issues.
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
if you have MSAA on, FXAA will not do much, it could actually make the picture look much worse. FXAA works fine here, but it does cause the picture to blur a bit, but i guess that's probably because i was using native res to test it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I'm kind of surprised, FXAA does wonders for me.

I have no idea if it works on Radeon cards since it's an NVIDIA thing.
If you're not seeing any difference at all when using FXAA, maybe it's not activating?

A lot of people complain about how horrible and blurry FXAA is, but I'd take it over the performance/glitchiness of MSAA or jaggies.
Here's a neat little comparison. It really shows on the horizontal steps.
btw FXAA was for Nvidia cards where MSAA was for AMD Cards right?
no MSAA is the standard Multi-Sampling AntiAliasing which has been around for years. MLAA i believe was the ATi/AMD one and FXAA is technically just nvidia. Should have used SMAA really as i believe that is available for both ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]