Any advice to get PCSX2 running more smoothly on a lower end PC?
On my PC, PCSX2 runs at around 30-50% fps (during gameplay, cutscenes usually run at full or average speed) and the sound quality is pretty bad. Configuring PCSX2's emulation settings doesn't seem to work. I tried to arrange my settings in all sorts of ways but it seems to run the exact same no matter what. Do you figure I'd have to change something on my PC instead? Also my specs if you need them:
Intel® Celeron® CPU N3050 @ 1.60GHz, 1601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
4 GB of RAM
Please don't add anything to the discussion like 'just get a higher spec PC', I'm kind of tired of hearing that and it doesn't help me at all.

Sponsored links

If you don't want to hear the truth, I can't help you Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Quote:I'm kind of tired of hearing that and it doesn't help me at all.

Sure it does! It helps you run PCSX2 more smoothly.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
try this
then pray
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
the single thread rating on that processor is 425. I'm honestly surprised you're eeking out 50%. I have slowdowns on my i5 7200u laptop with an stp of 1500. Blyss, and most of the other coders, recommend a minimum of 1600 to run most games.

Your processor is quite simply not strong enough to run the emu. It isn't what you want to hear, but it is the facts of the situation. You'll have to improve the single threaded performance of your laptop to be able to use the emu.. No amount of overclocking, no amount of tweaking is going to get you to a smooth 60 fps...

Like i said, you dont want to hear my answer.
Quote:"Please don't add anything to the discussion like 'just get a higher spec PC', I'm kind of tired of hearing that and it doesn't help me at all."

Shopping around for a different answer isnt going to change that your cpu is not up to the task. Best of luck, but for now.. your best bet is to continue playing your games on your ps2.
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(01-01-2018, 04:57 PM)bufula Wrote: On my PC, PCSX2 runs at around 30-50% fps (during gameplay, cutscenes usually run at full or average speed) and the sound quality is pretty bad. Configuring PCSX2's emulation settings doesn't seem to work. I tried to arrange my settings in all sorts of ways but it seems to run the exact same no matter what. Do you figure I'd have to change something on my PC instead? Also my specs if you need them:
Intel® Celeron® CPU N3050 @ 1.60GHz, 1601 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
4 GB of RAM
Please don't add anything to the discussion like 'just get a higher spec PC', I'm kind of tired of hearing that and it doesn't help me at all.

I can't even get full speed with my pc on demanding graphics. Have u try running pcsx2 at lower resoulation (640/480) ? You might want to try out ps1 emulator if you own a ps1 & games. Blink
(01-01-2018, 07:02 PM)teots Wrote: I can't even get full speed with my pc, why not try out ps1 emulator if you own a ps1 & games. Blink

Your CPU is fine, but you'd greatly benefit by upgrading your graphics card.  With my rig, I have no problem playing any of my ps2 games with this emulator.  Even the more demanding games run just fine with 3x IR
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
Teots

Depending on your settings you should have very little issue running at full speed for a large number of games.

If you put on a bunch of enhancements, or changed some random settings (youtube advice) then I could see some issues, but there should only be a subset of games that should give that CPU and GPU issue at 2-3x internal.
Thanks to Tksliver and envisaged0ne for your cares, My pc can run in full speed but slow down on demanding graphics.
(01-01-2018, 07:17 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Your CPU is fine, but you'd greatly benefit by upgrading your graphics card.  With my rig, I have no problem playing any of my ps2 games with this emulator.  Even the more demanding games run just fine with 3x IR
I need help knowing if my mac is decent at running ps2 games, I have mid 2011 imac  with a 2.5 GHz intel core i5 processor and a AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB Graphics Card