Any chance of more threading in the future
I know it has been asked before but I would really like to see more threading. Zone of the enders has been giving me quite some trouble, pushing my CPU to the max. I'm running an AMD Phenom II 1055T, and I actually had to push my overclock higher to play at full speed and I still get lag spikes. I had to push my processor up to 3.4GHz to be able to make it playable. It would be really nice if I could do something with my other 4 cores.

Sponsored links

well in SW mode you can use more than 2 cores but i think it is going to be much slower and you will be limited to native res only
Don't hold your breath, we have ideas but that's all they are for now.
sell it and get an emulation friendly cpu Laugh
(06-28-2011, 05:23 PM)abdo123 Wrote: well in SW mode you can use more than 2 cores but i think it is going to be much slower and you will be limited to native res only

The only reason you would be using more than 2 cores in SW mode is because you are using your CPU to generate and render the graphics. In no way is this going to help EEcore emulation.

Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(06-28-2011, 06:06 PM)pseudonym Wrote: Don't hold your breath, we have ideas but that's all they are for now.
Sad, It kind of sucks. I'm running at 3.6GHz I'm afraid to push it any further as I don't like overvoltaging. I like the CPU it's fast at everything and no way am I getting something else Smile. It's a top of the line system and it still struggles. More cores would make things so much faster as well as help with heat and allow me to take my system back to a safe 3.2.

(06-29-2011, 07:22 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: The only reason you would be using more than 2 cores in SW mode is because you are using your CPU to generate and render the graphics. In no way is this going to help EEcore emulation.
lol, definitely a dumb idea when I have a GTS 250 to handle it Smile.

The CPU is clearly not fast. It has a lot of mediocre cores, yea.
Quote:It's a top of the line system and it still struggles. More cores would make things so much faster as well as help with heat and allow me to take my system back to a safe 3.2.

Its clearly not a top of the line system. especially where a mid range intel product can run the game flawlessly.
Believe it or not you wanting to lower your clock speed isn't going to be a factor in when if ever we implement complex ideas which may or may not effectively utilise more cores in emulation. I'm under 2GHz, I need the speed more than you do.
At it's core, that AMD Processor is using the K10 Architecture that was developed over Four Years ago.
It is missing support for SSE4, and isn't as good of a number cruncher as Intel's offerings, when it comes to certain programs, especially ones like PCSX2.

From what I understand, PCSX2 benefits greatly from CPUs that have the more up to date Floating Point (SSE4) instructions, as PCSX2 is programmed to rely more heavily on FP code, than it is on Integer Code.

I hope that makes sense ~ I'm no techie; but I do know just enough to get me through the day. Wink
My PCSX2 Rig:Windows XP x32 & Windows 7 x64.
i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz.
nVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB.
>Dun Click Here<