Any chance that someone will patch FFXII international version?
A translation patch that is. Would be awesome to be able to play FFXIIint in English.

Sponsored links

why not just buy the english version of FFXII instead of one in a different language?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

ff12 int is more than a simple re-release of the us version for japan, there are some new features i'd like to try, too:

Wikipedia Wrote:An international version of the game called Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (ファイナルファンタジーXII インターナショナル ゾディアックジョブシステム, Fainaru Fantajī Tuerubu Intānashonaru Zodiakku Jobu Shisutemu?) was released in Japan on August 9, 2007 as part of both Final Fantasy 20th anniversary and Ivalice Alliance. The game includes twelve License Boards available (instead of the original one), each corresponding to a different Zodiac sign and job. The battle system as a whole has been tweaked; guest characters and summons are controllable by the player, and pressing the L1 button accelerates the game's speed. Additionally, the game features the English voices and the widescreen 16:9 ratio support of the North American version, as well as a bonus disc based on the one initially released with the North American version. Other new features such as new licenses and renamed spells have been shown as well. There is also a "New Game+" option, "New Game- (minus)" (where characters do not gain experience), as well as a new "Trial Mode" which allows the player to hunt monsters in 100 different maps to gain items and money.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(06-15-2009, 05:00 PM)refraction Wrote: why not just buy the english version of FFXII instead of one in a different language?

I finished FFXII, but the int version will never be released in the west. And I like to try the new features. As above poster said, they added lots of great new stuff.
Rolleyes why most of the good games are always only in Japanese.I also want to try this game(those new features are really good)but I don't know Japanese(only a little from speaking but not a word in text)
That someone would have to be seriously dedicated to this game.
Think about a month of work, but only if you have the tools and knowledge required.

So nope, it's unlikely you'll see a fan made patch for this.
(06-15-2009, 06:52 PM)rama Wrote: That someone would have to be seriously dedicated to this game.
Think about a month of work, but only if you have the tools and knowledge required.

So nope, it's unlikely you'll see a fan made patch for this.

i cant confirm but in gamefaq is a post about this, my isp block the page xD

This URL has been blocked Angry
It wouldn't be bad to get it... but honestly, there isn't that much of a change to warrant getting it either. Those little bonuses are nice, but they are completely unimportant and don't effect the story in any way, and gameplay only minimaly.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(06-15-2009, 05:00 PM)refraction Wrote: why not just buy the english version of FFXII instead of one in a different language?

because japanece voice actors are professonal, their work is quality, when english dubbings are realy realy bad, they are made by half assed idiots who failed in actors school so they have to do job they hate to pay bills. Almost every jRPG i own is patched with japanese voices because i couldnt stand to hear those awkward, gamebreaking dialogues. Dubbings is what kills the game.
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
The final fantasy 12 dialogue is top notch... Probably nothing I've seen dubbed better. While there are a lot of games that hire second rate VA to cut down on costs... square is hardly one of those companies.

That said, there are a lot of japanese games that use second rate VA too for the same reason... Chances are you can't tell the difference because you can't understand the language fully.
[Image: 2748844.png]