Any change in graphics config doesn't work? Help!
I've used PCSX2 for a long while and never had issues with it, but I am on a specific PC.

Windows 7 64-bit with 16GB of RAM on an i7 CPU and an nVidia GTX 970 videocard.

Whenever I make any changes to the graphics, they don't register. For instance, I change the resolution from Native to 6x Native, enable a whole bunch of filters, but the graphics are still in native resolution and it's clear none of the filters have been enabled.

What could possibly be the cause of this? It's infinitely frustrating.

Sponsored links

Are you using software mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Are the settings still applied the next time you open the plugin configuration or are they set to default?
stupid question: after changing the settings, did you press cancel instead of OK ? if yes, your changes will not be registered.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Not using software mode. I'm trying to improve the graphics by using my videocard at 6x the native resolution. I've tried using D3D 9, 11, OpenGL... nothing works.

I've pressed on OK each time to confirm that the changes have been remembered. I've closed PCSX2 and relaunched it, then rechecked the settings. They are always remembered, but never APPLIED when I launch a game. Frustrating!
Any ideas on what could be causing this or what I could do to possibly fix it?
Weird.
Please provide the full emulog.txt
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
How do you check if the internal resolution is applied? By looking at the graphics?
Which game is it that you want to improve? Some 2D-Game?
(03-31-2015, 10:09 PM)willkuer Wrote: How do you check if the internal resolution is applied? By looking at the graphics?
Which game is it that you want to improve? Some 2D-Game?

Dragon Quest 8.

On my other PC, it looked absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. It went from pixelated and low-res to a sight for sore eyes. Smile

On this PC, it remains a pixelated mess. It's clear as day that there is no change from the default software mode with zero filters activated VS the settings that I enable but aren't actually applied when I start a gaming session.
Can you please attach your gsdx.ini? It is in the ini-folder of pcsx2...
Please attach as well the full emulog after you observed the problem (so after you went in-game).