Any idea why do I have such low fps in VP2?
Nothing is maxed yet in the port the speed cannot go higher than 45
Default settings(MTVU is enabled)
i7-6700HQ,GTX1060,running on AC and pcsx2 is using the nvidia gpu

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

VP2 is pretty heavy on your GPU.

First I would make sure it is using your 1060, and make sure you have Texture Preloading set to "full" in the graphics settings. If it's still struggling you could try disabling hw readbacks (under view->game properties, then graphics then the advanced tab), but this could break some things visually.

Lastly make sure your windows power profile is set to high performance.

Beyond that, not sure what else to suggest.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ok when I enable "disabling hw readbacks" I get a nice speed boost(65-70)but the thing is,when that option is enabled in the port there is barely any difference in the speed between native and 8x scaling
There is also almost no difference between all renderers(OGL,Vulkan,DX11 and DX12),all show speed above 60

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

well yeah, you're mostly EE thread bound and on x8 you're GPU bound.

As I said, the game doesn't run great, even on my 5900X and 2080Ti I only get 80-90fps.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

„Override Texture Barriers: Force Enabled“ also gives a speed boost (at least with my PAL-G version).
If you don't mind, then disabling the shadows (CRC aggressive preset) should give a little bit of speed too. There is a huge amount of L2H transfers in the Solde tanking the game speed a lot (I believe "Disable HW readbacks" setting is dealing with it).