"Any information you provide[...]will not be disclosed to any third party"
So, when registering a while back, I read the following on the registration page:
"Any information you provide on these forums will not be disclosed to any third party without your complete consent"

However, as soon as that registration was complete, I started getting loads and loads of spam, and now it's getting ridiculous. I have never had spam on this email address previous to registering, but like I said, as soon as I did register, the spam started flowing in. My question is, why is this? It specifically says that my information would not be disclosed to any third part without my complete consent, so why is it that I'm getting spam only after having registered on this forum without my consent?

Sponsored links

good question.
I registered with a brand new email adress, and never had any spam since I did.
I guess it's just coincidence
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I seriously doubt that's a coincidence that within 24 hours of registering on this site, and nowhere else within that time frame, that I started getting loads of spam, to be quite honest with you.
Nope, no way this comes from us. Except if you mean topic reply notifications as spam? (probably not, you only have 2 posts except if you subscribed to be notified to dozens of threads).
We have 54,000 members registered, you are the first to complain about something like this so as you see the problem is on your end.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I don't see how it can by on my end alone if all I did was register on this site. Maybe spambots on the forum, at some point?
you can try to use Gmail as your email address. It have good antispam filter, i forgot about the spam since i start to use it.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
Nope. Your email address is not accessible to any guest or member on this forum. It is only viewable by administrators in the Admin Control Panel. Also only other registered members can send you mail via the forum mailing option (the email button you see on the posts, which can also be disabled via the User CP) and these mails would be marked accordingly that they are from this forum.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
part of our job is to ban spambots as soon as we spot them.
I can tell you there's no active one ATM
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, this really just sucks then.
(the fact that I'm getting spam part, no offense towards the site intended =P)
Just to clarify, we dont keep any mailing lists, we dont email any 3rd partys our members email addresses nor use them ourselves. The fact you started getting spam once you signed up for this site is pure coincidence, its also possible that:

1. you signed up for something else on the same day?
2. you have adware/spyware on your machine looking out for email addresses to pass on.

on the chance number 2 is true, id suggest running Malwarebytes on your machine.

Enjoy your stay on the forums Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]