Any possibility to add WIKI to pcsx2 ?
i believe there are still many user out there don't know about pcsx2 wiki and maybe have no idea about what it is at all ,
so maybe add the wiki function to pcsx2 so whenever people play certain game or facing some issues,
they can get the latest emulating status right through WIKI and save the time searching or browsing for the useful tips or comment,
and WIKI could help players to be aware of what spectacular problem they might happening to face and how to resolve it or what settings should they tweak to fix it.
so overall i think it is quite useful function to integrate it direct to pcsx2 and we should teach more new user about how powerful this WIKI is

Sponsored links

It would've been easy if wiki page links were linkable with their CRC's/serial numbers, but that's not the case. They're usually named after the NTSC version, even if that version was cancelled, you'd probably have to make a manual database of all wiki pages or add a function to wiki to link CRC's/SN's to the corresponding game page.

Just adding a link to the main wiki page on the Misc tab would be a lot easier. Tongue2
(04-21-2016, 03:51 PM)FlatOut Wrote: It would've been easy if wiki page links were linkable with their CRC's/serial numbers, but that's not the case. They're usually named after the NTSC version, even if that version was cancelled, you'd probably have to make a manual database of all wiki pages or add a function to wiki to link CRC's/SN's to the corresponding game page.

Just adding a link to the main wiki page on the Misc tab would be a lot easier. Tongue2

The wiki should if been link in the pcsx2 about page years ago, not tat many people look there
(04-21-2016, 10:05 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: The wiki should if been link in the pcsx2 about page years ago, not tat many people look there
I did, but it isn't there. And like you said not many people look there, so it should have a more prominent place.
(04-21-2016, 10:09 PM)FlatOut Wrote: I did, but it isn't there. And like you said not many people look there, so it should have a more prominent place.

Mean like Sticky on the forums which I made mention about few times, that never happend, not that people read stickys or rules lmao
(04-21-2016, 03:51 PM)FlatOut Wrote: It would've been easy if wiki page links were linkable with their CRC's/serial numbers, but that's not the case. They're usually named after the NTSC version, even if that version was cancelled, you'd probably have to make a manual database of all wiki pages or add a function to wiki to link CRC's/SN's to the corresponding game page.

You can create redirects, but that's a lot of work.
Here's a proof of concept I build. Go to Misc tab -  PCSX2 Wiki. If you click on it without a game being launched, it will direct to the general Wiki page. Boot a game and click on the link to get it to look for your game's wiki page.
@FlatOut - that's very sexy. We need to make it easier to use(as it is no one will realize it's there, maybe a button on the log window? Hmm.) and then get a PR ASAP. This is a very important feature IMO. Repz.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(04-23-2016, 02:30 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: @FlatOut - that's very sexy. We need to make it easier to use(as it is no one will realize it's there, maybe a button on the log window? Hmm.) and then get a PR ASAP. This is a very important feature IMO. Repz.
Thanks. The location is an issue. I think a button on the log window can be easy to overlook as well, it could also be on a seperate tab on the main window next to the Debug tab.

It also requires a CRC to be added to the wiki. Many games still lack those on the wiki, but perhaps users will add it themselves if they're not directed to the correct wiki page with the link.
Could you not do it by serial(e.g. SLUS-21445 and such)? Almost all games have that listed and it is of course unique. PCSX2 executable has access to it as well. So yeah maybe that?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD