Any way to fix the line issues with 2D games?
(03-06-2011, 01:49 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: That option does not affect the current official beta and I bet it's only showing because you messed with the .ini, how exactly is it affecting anything for you? what does it do for you? Tongue2

Like this

Quote:However, I thought it was asking for the desired emulator size and selected 1280x960. Because of this whenever I set my custom window size to that in the GS window (since it was still 640x480) the emulator would not resize to that, as it was the same as what it thought my monitor was and it simply would not fit including the windows border so the game ignored it.

Thus I change the settings in the .ini file (which were still 1280x960 as I selected, regardless of what I had set in the GS Window screen) to 1920x1080 and then the emulator resized to whatever I set in the GS Window panel without a problem. I also realize the Hz is asking for your monitor's refresh speed.

I had to find and mess with the .ini file after I remembered picking that choice as it occurred to me that it probably wasn't my desired window size. Changing a .ini file after the fact is not going to cause the issues I had before finding and editing the file.

If I change Bloom=False in Bad Company 2's settings .ini then set a preset graphics setting in the in game options it will override the line to be Bloom=True again. The same applies to this, except I could not find anywhere in the emulator's settings that changed what it thought my monitor was set for.

And hey I could be wrong and that option does something completely different, but from my own experience this is what I have learned and I'm explaining it as best I can. I'm sure somebody related to the development would like to know that this still affects beta builds as I went ahead and texted it on the 4169 SVN I had, the 3876 Official beta and the 4389 revision just for the hell of it.

Download a new version you haven't used yet, or simply copy your file to a new destination and it should ask you for the resolution, set it to what I did or something else, then try to set the GS Window to something above that. The window should refuse to resize despite keeping what you put in saved.

Also thanks for the keyboard link. I was planning to experiment but then I realized I might have caused myself to lose progress or something.

Sponsored links