Any way to load widescreen patches using full mode?
I need full mode in order to load other languages in Dirge of Cerberus, if i use fast mode it just load an english/japanese game instead of PAL multi 5. I guess it doesnt load the bios language in fast mode).

Is there any way to load patches on full mode or detect console language in fast mode?.

Thanks.

Sponsored links

With patch-support, Yes. Smile
This area have been rather neglected though. Sad
I don't know of any such patch for your game. Mellow
As far as I know the widescreen patches are implemented in pnach files that should be loaded despite the way you started the emulation.

If the file is not loaded is because something else is wrong, like incorrect name, wrongly placed and so on.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-12-2013, 11:41 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: As far as I know the widescreen patches are implemented in pnach files that should be loaded despite the way you started the emulation.

If the file is not loaded is because something else is wrong, like incorrect name, wrongly placed and so on.

Some gamediscs (they say) require Fast boot for pnachs, whch is likely an inperfection within PCSX2.
Yes, the log screen shows the widescreen cheat when i use fast boot but no when i use full boot. Its a shame. I guess i have to play the USA version.
(04-13-2013, 12:00 AM)pgert Wrote: Some gamediscs (they say) require Fast boot for pnachs, whch is likely an inperfection within PCSX2.

Blame Sony and DRMs, not PCSX2
Imagination is where we are truly real
Well i found a way but it will probably cause other problems:
1. Use Full Boot, go to the Main Menu but BEFORE loading a Savegame and make a Save State.
2. Use Fast Boot and make a Save State even if the game does not work, open the Console and look for the Gamecode (something like SLUS-xxxx)
3. Open Save States Folder (My Documents/pcsx2/sstates) and look for the file with your Gamecode and the Fast Boot one (BIOS (00000000).p2s)
4. Rename the Bios file to the Game file
5. Use Fast Boot and then load the Savestate (.pnach should work now)

Works for me (Burnout 3) but cant say if it works with other Games.
Please post your full console log with full boot and with fast boot. Otherwise, we can't help you, and we don't want to guess, right?

(04-13-2013, 12:00 AM)pgert Wrote: Some gamediscs (they say) require Fast boot for pnachs, whch is likely an inperfection within PCSX2.

Please don't use FUD. If you know of such game, please report the issue, together with logs such that we can try to fix it.

Otherwise, please don't "they say", as it doesn't provide a solution, doesn't really say that there's a known problem, and just causes uncertainty.
(04-13-2013, 12:16 AM)stranno Wrote: Yes, the log screen shows the widescreen cheat when i use fast boot but no when i use full boot. Its a shame. I guess i have to play the USA version.

Well, could you please post these logs such that we can have a look at them, and try to fix the problem?
@avih:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid281417