Any way to run Taito Legends 2?
Question 
I have been trying to load up Taito Legends 2 in PCSX2 so I can play the only known good arcade port of the game "G-Darius".

The intro video plays fine, game loads up just fine.. but when it gets to the title screen the game completely freezes. There is FMV in the background of the intro screen, if this may have something to do with it.. (I know PCSX2 has issues with MPEG sometimes)

I've tested this on both 0.9.8 official and 0.9.9 SVN.5100 with the same result.

System:
AMD Phenom 2 B55 Black Edition @ 3.5GHZ (555BE unlocked to 4 core)
4GB DDR3 ram
2x Nvidia 8800GT SLI
Windows 7 64-bit
Controllers hooked up: PS3 controller and Hori Real Arcade Pro VX-SA (Arcade Stick)

Thanks for any help you can provide!! I've looked for this game forever and now that I have it, I can't play it!

-Mordecai

EDIT / Further Testing: When the title screen appears it actually accepts input for a second or two and then freezes. It's possible to get to the game select menu this way but no further. Music always continues to play when it freezes, but there is obvious slowdown, which does not occur before the freeze during the opening video (which plays fine besides a couple stutters here and there).

Stats during the freeze: FPS: ~56-58 (never full speed) EE: 98-100%, GS: 0-3%, UI: 0-1%

For the GSDx plugin I've tested with DirectX10 Hardware and DirectX10 Software modes & all settings with the same result.

Sponsored links

Not sure if this helps but try the Mpeg hack under game fixes , it will skip Mpeg and can get some games ingame
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(03-05-2012, 04:50 AM)omnikam Wrote: Not sure if this helps but try the Mpeg hack under game fixes , it will skip Mpeg and can get some games ingame

Thank You!! That did the trick!

G-Darius plays well over PCSX2... there is some noticeable input lag and there was some slowdown before I enabled a couple speedhacks but it's working great. The amazing soundtrack is intact and plays throughout (unlike the PSX/PC version which cuts the music out repeatedly) and it's a bit difficult to get the graphics set up right (have to force 4:3 mode in GS Window to get the aspect ratio correct and not have it stretch to *****) and texture filtering makes it look far too blurry..

But it works! Played through 3 times already ^_^
Glad to help. Have fun Smile
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(03-05-2012, 11:49 PM)Mordecai Walfish Wrote: Thank You!! That did the trick!

G-Darius plays well over PCSX2... there is some noticeable input lag and there was some slowdown before I enabled a couple speedhacks but it's working great. The amazing soundtrack is intact and plays throughout (unlike the PSX/PC version which cuts the music out repeatedly) and it's a bit difficult to get the graphics set up right (have to force 4:3 mode in GS Window to get the aspect ratio correct and not have it stretch to *****) and texture filtering makes it look far too blurry..

But it works! Played through 3 times already ^_^

I finally got around to setting up a 100% proper config for G-Darius in this collection.

Guide to beautifully emulate this excellent game is here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Emulating...SHMUP-fans
PS StartMy PS2 Emulation Station: AMD Phenom 2 B55 x4 @3.6 Ghz|Nvidia Geforce GTX 480|4GB G-skill DDR3-1600 Ram|ASUS M5A99X-Evo Motherboard|BenQ XL2420T 120hz Monitor|Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
PS StartControls: PS3 Controllers Via Bluetooth w/MotioninJoy! | Hori Real Arcade Pro VX-SA Arcade Stick