Any words from the Devs about their next move??
(12-29-2014, 01:47 AM)Never_Is_Here Wrote: Maybe it's time for Pcsx4, The new console is a lot like PC, with x-86 chips and AMD graphics processors. Compare to last gen, it would be relatively easy to make an emulator for PS4/xbox one compared to PS3/360.
What about the raw power needed to emulate them Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

(12-29-2014, 07:50 AM)ssakash Wrote: What about the raw power needed to emulate them Tongue2

Don't even mention that. Matching the memory bandwidth of 8GB of GDDR5. No way in hell. I'm not sure if the xbone would be out though. I'm not exactly sure how the memory bandwidth of 8GB of DDR3 + 32MB of ESRAM would compare to DDR4.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
What about implementing mip-mapping for Hardware mode?
Needs a complete rewrite of the plugin... Nobody wants to do that.
(12-30-2014, 12:05 AM)DarkSuper Wrote: What about implementing mip-mapping for Hardware mode?
implementing mip-mapping will help in games like Ratchet & Clank, Jak and Daxter but, as willuker said, it requires a complete re-write of the plugin, which is quite a long work.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-30-2014, 06:34 AM)ssakash Wrote: implementing mip-mapping will help in games like Ratchet & Clank, Jak and Daxter but, as willuker said, it requires a complete re-write of the plugin, which is quite a long work.

I don't think it will help with Jak. I believe that game mostly relies on having a proper texture cache instead of the hacky/fast version we have now. Ace Combat also uses mip mapping for the ground textures.
(12-30-2014, 06:38 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I don't think it will help with Jak. I believe that game mostly relies on having a proper texture cache instead of the hacky/fast version we have now. Ace Combat also uses mip mapping for the ground textures.
Jak and Dexter also rely on mip mapping for some textures, that's why we use software mode to fix some graphical errors of the game.
- Refraction
Someone mentioned that "pcsx2 achieved 95% playability" okay, but most of those games have graphical bugs while running upscaled, some more, some less and that should be resolved first imho.

Also optimizing pcsx2 to run well on different specs systems (implementing standard fullscreen instead of windowed borderless and relying on windows vsync) and working on outdated gsdx plugin should be priority (again lots of graphical bugs, black lines etc.)
Issues with upscaling != bugs. Fixing accuracy issues with the VU recompilers would be my choice of work
(12-23-2014, 08:44 AM)Serial Hacker Wrote: PCSX2 Reached 95% Playability

So what now ? Tongue

In my opinion 95% (its actually 94.27% as of today but whatever) is still not enough to say "Yep emulation done, lets play around with stuff now."

These ~5% are actually over 125 games that are not playable and thats a rather large number in my eyes, its overall a good number of course but it doesn't mean that the work should be stopped there (btw, I would very much appreciate it if someone could make this game playable).

Besides as belmont mentioned, playable != bug/glitch free. By definition playable just means that you get from start to the end, so this would include any eventual bugs or glitches that you encounter on the way but don't crash your game or make it otherwise unplayable.

And @Nobbs: not necessarily every playable game that has these bugs/glitches is is played with upscaling or any other bug/glitch causing hacks.