Any words from the Devs about their next move??
I still bet they moved toward that turkey or roasted piglet last night Smile

Edit: I'm yet to see a single word from the devs about whatever they are going to in this thread...
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

I bet the dev's are having their next moves as secret Tongue2
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-25-2014, 08:01 AM)ssakash Wrote: let's start with configuring pcsx2.
  • what will a newbie to emulation do when, he wants to choose which plugin is the best for his pc ? most likely, he wouldn't even know the instruction sets sse2,ssse3 .. etc.and, i know most peoples, who can't even cross the configuration part of choosing some unvalid instruction sets to their processor's like sse4.1

Isn't it auto-detected? I don't think you need to select the plugin manually. Normal users should just click Next/Finish.

(12-25-2014, 08:01 AM)ssakash Wrote: Configuring gsdx
  • the most faq's like "how to improve my graphics", " there are more no.of renderers, what should i choose ? ...etc. when, we are dealing with newbies, it is likely that, they don't even know about DX9 so, we must provide more details about "software mode , hardware mode" in the gsdx settings to make it more simpler.
and, i also think that ui of pcsx2 is quite simple but, those might not be the thought of the various newbies who are less experienced.

Does anybody really have problems about that? The default should be the best option for most games. Even if they want to change it and see the result, it is just a matter of selecting an option from a drop-down list. But I think it would be nice to have tooltips.
Hey,
we looked into simplifying the GUI before (and came up with the presets system that let's people tune the configuration via a slider).
Unfortunately the plugins need to be setup individually on top of that.

Everything in PCSX2 design is built on the idea that having the option to change things is always better than forcing one default on the user.
As such there's now a staggering amount of options available and some in the dev team agree that it's "too much".
Modernizing the gui would be a great opportunity to fix things but there's one big problem with that:
GUI work is boring and hard and unpopular.
It's therefore pretty unlikely that you'll see a new GUI from us but, as PCSX2 is FOSS, anyone that wants to tackle it can do so and we'll gladly help the process Smile

Simply improving the current GUI is also an option and many of the things suggested here can be done. It wouldn't even be hard to implement
since there are improvement attempts already in the code. (GSdx tooltips for example)
My idea is to simply add a Basic and Advanced mode.

Advanced shows what we have now. Basic has a few simple settings such as resolution(passthrough to GSdx config), presets, and other simple stuff. That way we can keep all the options, but also not overwhelm less technical users.

If I had any idea how wx worked I would look into it. Any good wx reference around?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
http://www.wxwidgets.org/docs/
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Is PCSX2 using 2.8 or 3.0? I wanna say 2.8
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I propose simplifying the GUI so the user doesn't need to select an ISO and then go to system to hit Boot CDVD (fast) what is very confusing at first.

That option of boot can be made default and activates as soon the ISO is selected or a big "PLAY" button becomes available at main window.

The options of boot are kept, of course, case the need of full boot arises.

Edit: May be important the game's name is made visible from the Gui's main window when an ISO is selected. Thumbnails would be a nice plus but not really necessary.
I think we should have a UI design first. GSDX Basic View can display the following:
- Rendering Mode (Hardware/Software)
- API (Direct3D11, Direct3D9, OpenGL, and OpenCL)
- Software Mode Extra Rendering Threads
- Resolution 1x - 6x and a Custom Resolution
- Texture Filtering
- AF and FXAA

Every option should have a tooltip.
(12-27-2014, 10:41 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: I think we should have a UI design first. GSDX Basic View can display the following:
- Rendering Mode (Hardware/Software)
- API (Direct3D11, Direct3D9, OpenGL, and OpenCL)
- Software Mode Extra Rendering Threads
- Resolution 1x - 6x and a Custom Resolution
- Texture Filtering
- AF and FXAA

Every option should have a tooltip.

All these options are from the GS plugin. The core has far more urgent UI issues, the current options are obscure, to say the least, and unintuitive as much as possible.

An interesting point is some the options mat be made a lot more intuitive just by changing their name, for example the Boot CDVD fast could become "Play the game (Bypass the BIOS)". While the Boot CDVD full cold be renamed simply (boot PS2 BIOS).

Of course the need to have the play button and the game's name at the GUI main window is a must.

Now, to deal with the options you propose, best is having a visible button directly calling the GS plugin and/or a shortcut key.