Anyone found a way to run AC games beyond default resolution?
(04-18-2016, 08:52 PM)TK421 Wrote: Without knowing how pcsx2 + individual plugins was coded/built originally, probably never.

then just be patient and play the AC series on your PS2 for now.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(04-18-2016, 09:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: then just be patient and play the AC series on your PS2 for now.
Or just in software mode on PCSX2. Wink
I thought these games were patched for the mipmapping stuff? I remember there being a patch done a while ago, automatic gamefixes should sort that.

As for the vertical lines, you could try playing with the hw hacks section of gsdx, with the align sprite, half pixel offset, tc offset (need to do these in 100's) options to see if anything sorts it out.

Using a custom resolution like 1920x1200 might fix it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-18-2016, 09:57 PM)refraction Wrote: I thought these games were patched for the mipmapping stuff? I remember there being a patch done a while ago, automatic gamefixes should sort that.

As for the vertical lines, you could try playing with the hw hacks section of gsdx, with the align sprite, half pixel offset, tc offset (need to do these in 100's) options to see if anything sorts it out.

Using a custom resolution like 1920x1200 might fix it.
There are patches for the AC games, but only for a few versions/regions. I've tested AC5, but the patches don't solve the mipmapping issues. I don't know what they're for. Tongue2

I already posted the fix for the vertical lines, it's the align sprite hack. Wink
(04-18-2016, 10:03 PM)FlatOut Wrote: There are patches for the AC games, but only for a few versions/regions. I've tested AC5, but the patches don't solve the mipmapping issues. I don't know what they're for. Tongue2

I already posted the fix for the vertical lines, it's the align sprite hack. Wink

so you did Tongue

See FlatOut's post Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I've turned off gamefixes and played some AC5, the patches fix the ground collision issues.
Yes, software mode works. But the graphics rendered isn't very smooth, it's like playing on a better version of a lowres CRT TV.

It's also very similar to how ps2 looks like on my tv.
And that's exactly the point. That's also part of the reason why it works that nicely. If you want to hack your game in doing something that it is not supposed to do in a rigid gpu-like way with reasonable performance it is really hard to code.

Mipmapping is one of the problems which is really hard to solve and only a few (even if popular) games have problems with it. At some point somebody might tackle it.
Personnally I'm afraid that upscaling will reduce the texture quality. Every time you go to a lower level of details, the texture size is reduced by 4 (2 on width and 2 on height).
(04-19-2016, 06:49 PM)gregory Wrote: Personnally I'm afraid that upscaling will reduce the texture quality. Every time you go to a lower level of details, the texture size is reduced by 4 (2 on width and 2 on height).
If it can be toggled like in software mode, that wouldn't be that big of an issue. Better a few low quality textures than garbage.