Anyone get this to work with fraps?
I'm trying to record with it, but every time i do, i see the yellow numbers in the corner. i press the record hotkey, and it flashes, making the numbers disappear. i recorded something for 30 seconds and stopped. thinking it was done i check my output folder. it only caught the first flash of video i had. the audio was still there, but no picture.

anyone else have issues?

Sponsored links

why fraps?? PCSX2 has it's own internal recorder

just press F12 and pick your codec
(05-14-2012, 03:44 AM)kohaku2421 Wrote: why fraps?? PCSX2 has it's own internal recorder

just press F12 and pick your codec

Why fraps? Because its the most amazing recorder ive seen. and saves both the audio and video into one file.

But please kind madame show me how to configure and work the internal recorder.
or you can just use camstasia studio.. it has the same quality in my opinion and much more better compression *depending on the codec*.. I'm not using fraps because it eats up my hardisk and have 4 GB limitation -__-... here's some of my video capture in camstasia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLOFUBNB-7I
1. Boot your game
2. Press F12
3. Pick your saving place (browse)
4. In drop-list, pick a codec
5. put your video resolution in size boxes
6. press OK

Camtasia is nice as an alternative if internal recorder was too complicated
I really like the internal recorder as it record the framerate in solid 60 FPS XD but it's to complicated for me when it comes to editing cause of separate video and audio Sad

@Fanoffemdom14

My issue on Fraps is when I'm recording the graphics become native like and it becomes blurry.. maybe try other version of fraps...
(05-14-2012, 04:09 AM)sausuke Wrote: I really like the internal recorder as it record the framerate in solid 60 FPS XD but it's to complicated for me when it comes to editing cause of separate video and audio Sad

It's not that hard, use VirtualDub for muxing
^Ya know. recording a video shouldnt be that hard XD i dont see why pcsx2 has to record them in seperate files
(05-14-2012, 04:17 AM)kohaku2421 Wrote: It's not that hard, use VirtualDub for muxing

that's why I find it complicated *even though I knew that*... so many things to do unlike when the video and audio merge.. just drag the vid>load preset>edit the vid then render in virtual dub.. I find it annoying specially when editing 10 or more videos so many files...
(05-14-2012, 05:07 AM)Fanoffemdom14 Wrote: ^Ya know. recording a video shouldnt be that hard XD i dont see why pcsx2 has to record them in seperate files

Because the video stream is recorded from the GSdx plugin while the audio from the SPU2-X plugin. The proper way to do it would be to handle recording from PCSX2's core instead of relying on plugins for it, but that's another story.
[Image: newsig.jpg]