Poll: GSDX for PSX is:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Best.
35.00%
14 35.00%
Good.
50.00%
20 50.00%
Poor.
7.50%
3 7.50%
Worst.
7.50%
3 7.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Anything About GSDX On EPSXE Here
what compatible & quality spu plug-in do you recommend?

Sponsored links

If your PC can handle it the internal epsxe v170 is the best one, except for the few games that only works with eternal spu (and that are put on the PSX Datacenter).

But seeing this thread it seems that for some users the eternal spu is better, so is up to you testing them and see what's better for you.

About configuring the eternal spu plugin you can check the epsxe guide in the Datacenter (there is an screenshot showing the plugins configuration).

If a game got few fps for you try reducing the graphics filter in the video plugin.
(09-13-2009, 09:53 AM)gladiator Wrote: If your PC can handle it the internal epsxe v170 is the best one, except for the few games that only works with eternal spu (and that are put on the PSX Datacenter).

But seeing this thread it seems that for some users the eternal spu is better, so is up to you testing them and see what's better for you.

About configuring the eternal spu plugin you can check the epsxe guide in the Datacenter (there is an screenshot showing the plugins configuration).

If a game got few fps for you try reducing the graphics filter in the video plugin.

thanks, but:
epsxe spu plug-in: the quality is poor & sound volume is very low & also the plug-in is incompatible with tomb raider games: no sound in cutscene.
I Wish this plugin had a VSync option cause of my Nvidea Ge Force Go 6100 is a VGA Smile, but well im enjoying enough the DirectX9 with Pixel Shader 2.0, altough my vga supports 3.0, seems 2.0 is enough.

About Petes Plugins, i was using SoftGpu Plugin last version on Windows 7 and no longer filter's resolution 1024x768, its not possible on my VGA Ge Force Go 6100 anymore.
I tryed other Petes plugins like opengl and directx, still doesnt filter crap other than using some ugly 2xsai stretched fullscreen, so my only go so far was gsdx plugin, altough it doesnt have the option VSync i still can play this properly filtered like any emulator would do (examples: NullDC, pSX, Project64)
I remember someone saying petes plugins doesnt use direct draw bilinear, maybe thats the problem...

So far now using this plugin gsdx with eternal spu plugin (config Spu async with "wait")

For the author of this plugin: Keep up the good work
(11-04-2009, 09:32 PM)Otaku Ichise Wrote: I Wish this plugin had a VSync option cause of my Nvidea Ge Force Go 6100 is a VGA Smile, but well im enjoying enough the DirectX9 with Pixel Shader 2.0, altough my vga supports 3.0, seems 2.0 is enough.

About Petes Plugins, i was using SoftGpu Plugin last version on Windows 7 and no longer filter's resolution 1024x768, its not possible on my VGA Ge Force Go 6100 anymore.
I tryed other Petes plugins like opengl and directx, still doesnt filter crap other than using some ugly 2xsai stretched fullscreen, so my only go so far was gsdx plugin, altough it doesnt have the option VSync i still can play this properly filtered like any emulator would do (examples: NullDC, pSX, Project64)
I remember someone saying petes plugins doesnt use direct draw bilinear, maybe thats the problem...

So far now using this plugin gsdx with eternal spu plugin (config Spu async with "wait")

for synchronizing the framerate, you don't need to use any plug-in, just force on vertical sync & triple buffering in your nvidia/ati driver control panel.
(11-04-2009, 11:36 PM)Direct Play Wrote:
(11-04-2009, 09:32 PM)Otaku Ichise Wrote: I Wish this plugin had a VSync option cause of my Nvidea Ge Force Go 6100 is a VGA Smile, but well im enjoying enough the DirectX9 with Pixel Shader 2.0, altough my vga supports 3.0, seems 2.0 is enough.

for syncing the framerate, you don't need to use any plug-in, just force on vertical sync & triple buffering in your nvidia/ati driver control panel.

Hum good idea, shall do it that way, thanks.
Whenever i Play SmackDown! 2 or Tekken 3. the Graphics and performance looks so Poor.... I will be very happy if there will be a GSDX DX9/10 Plugin.

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
(11-05-2009, 09:33 AM)The Warrior Wrote: Whenever i Play SmackDown! 2 or Tekken 3. the Graphics and performance looks so Poor.... I will be very happy if there will be a GSDX DX9/10 Plugin.

lol and i thought i was using the directx9 plugin... well didnt try anything like tekken, but tryed Valkyrie Profille wich was one of the worst games to emulate on ps1 and so far im geting a very nice result...
Actualy i think im geting very happy with this plugin so far, so will keep checking any future release Biggrin
(11-05-2009, 09:33 AM)The Warrior Wrote: Whenever i Play SmackDown! 2 or Tekken 3. the Graphics and performance looks so Poor.... I will be very happy if there will be a GSDX DX9/10 Plugin.

post screenshots.
(11-05-2009, 12:34 AM)Otaku Ichise Wrote:
(11-04-2009, 11:36 PM)Direct Play Wrote:

for syncing the framerate, you don't need to use any plug-in, just force on vertical sync & triple buffering in your nvidia/ati driver control panel.

Hum good idea, shall do it that way, thanks.

don't forget to update your monitor driver & set the screen refresh rate to the maximum compatible hertz.
(11-06-2009, 02:36 AM)Direct Play Wrote: don't forget to update your monitor driver & set the screen refresh rate to the maximum compatible hertz.

Hum already updated everything, on windows update i got the Nvidea Ge Force go 6100 and monitor it should be updated too, its a laptop anyways where monitor basicaly wont need much other than video card drivers, i went to device manager to update from there too, and it shows updated (altough its probably some microsoft monitor driver)

My Laptop Monitor is WXGA, TFT LCD 17/ default resolution 1440x900 with vga card,
by default have two hertz options (59hz or 60hz)
by default seems using 59hz, i will choose the higher compatible available option to use (60hz)
Thanks for the advice Smile