Anyway to increase fps in Software mode?
Question 
Hello,
I was trying to run a game in Hardware mode, but turns out that the game does NOT support Hardware mode and only supports Software mode. I was just wondering if there was anyway to possibly increase the fps in Software mode, or if my processor can be overclocked to maybe improve fps.
Sorry if I left something out, I am kinda new to this.

PC SPECS:
Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit)
NVIDIA GTX 560
8 GB RAM
1 TB Hard Drive
Intel Core I7 2600(non K) at 3.40GHz
Thanks again.
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor (Overclocked to 4.6GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
GPU: x2, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme (SLI)
RAM: 16 GB
HD: x1, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, x1, 2TB SSHD, x1, 4TB Seagate Backup Plus, x1, 1TB Seagate External
OS: Windows 10 64-bit (Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit)

Sponsored links

set set 2-4 rendering threads use mtvu and other speed hacks
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
MTVU maxes out the GS%, so MTVU hack in SW mode can sometimes cause a decrease in fps.

Extra rendering threads, and sometimes VU cycle stealing helps. It's all trial and error.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(11-06-2013, 05:55 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: MTVU maxes out the GS%, so MTVU hack in SW mode can sometimes

It maxes out 8 threads?
(11-06-2013, 05:55 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: MTVU maxes out the GS%, so MTVU hack in SW mode can sometimes cause a decrease in fps.

No it dont if anything it bring the GS and EE% way down for me and adds to performance, And last i checked the MTVU hack dont effect Software?
@op - goto sound plugin tick disable effacts. Then go to emulation settings and tick super vu recompliyer legecy, then , set extra rendering thread to 3 or 4 in video plugins, after that goto again emu settings put ee and vu both to 0 or both to 2 ( see which combination work great for your game ) . Nothing you can do more than this . Or if fps still not increases then you are welcome to use frame skipping (set frame to draw to 4 and to skip to 2).
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(11-06-2013, 03:59 AM)sandman332 Wrote: Hello,
I was trying to run a game in Hardware mode, but turns out that the game does NOT support Hardware mode and only supports Software mode. I was just wondering if there was anyway to possibly increase the fps in Software mode, or if my processor can be overclocked to maybe improve fps.
Sorry if I left something out, I am kinda new to this.

PC SPECS:
Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit)
NVIDIA GTX 560
8 GB RAM
1 TB Hard Drive
Intel Core I7 2600(non K) at 3.40GHz
Thanks again.
are there REALLY some games that lag on your pc??
Thumbs Up 
Emulators take up a a lot of your cpu. Have other software open can slow it down and some background programs too that you can't close...well if you don't know what it dose then don't close it! Try Razer Game Booster!, it close unnecessary programs and background programs in your computer it help boost your processor to it full potential! note if your graphic card not strong it won't help you much.

You have a NVIDIA GTX 560, I have a 640 hmmm.... your card not very powerful. put you have the same processor that I do.

Helps with games, online games, and the emulator....well for me that is xD.

Give it a try.
All of you give it a try!

oh, did I forget to mention that windows 7 is my idea! xD
and windows 8 is a bad idea it really is!
(11-06-2013, 04:27 PM)mosss Wrote: .
You have a NVIDIA GTX 560, I have a 640 hmmm.... your card not very powerful. put you have the same processor that I do.

His gpu is a lot stronger than your and razer game booster wont help except for RAM and the op has enough of it so it wont be a problem.
Nobbs66 has the only correct answer here. I believe for a quad core cpu the optimal value is 3.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]