Anyway to make the built-in recorder faster?
I have an i5 CPU, using Xvid compression and I can record the gameplay at 60fps if I record at 640x360 but if I record at 1280x720 or 1920x1080, the framerate dropped down to 2~3 fps

the video will play at normal speed but it'll take forever to record one scene and almost unplayable.

anyway to make it faster? around 30fps should be fine for me. thank you.

Sponsored links

Hmm.
There doesn't seem to be QuadCore support for this feature.
That could be implemented (I guess).
Try downloading and using the x264vfw codec with the following settings:

Preset - Fastest available

Zero Latency and Fast Decode checked

Single pass - lossless (in the drop-down box under "Rate Control")

You'll probably still get some slowdown, but it should be much faster than what you get out of Xvid.
if the built in recorder is slow then don't use it. use a screen capture software that detects games and records with sound
(10-14-2012, 12:28 AM)Wolfwood824 Wrote: Try downloading and using the x264vfw codec with the following settings:

Preset - Fastest available

Zero Latency and Fast Decode checked

Single pass - lossless (in the drop-down box under "Rate Control")

You'll probably still get some slowdown, but it should be much faster than what you get out of Xvid.

thanks! I'm getting ~35fps now Laugh
Alternatively you can record uncompressed (or with a very fast encoder at max bitrate).
You'll get a huge file which you can convert to H264 later.
true u can do it uncompressed, but it will take a LOT of space. a 1 hour uncompressed video file takes i think over 10gb of space
(10-14-2012, 04:40 PM)rama Wrote: Alternatively you can record uncompressed (or with a very fast encoder at max bitrate).
You'll get a huge file which you can convert to H264 later.

Uncompressed might run into HDD bottlenecks though, especially on higher resolutions. SSDs with enough capacity to waste on uncompressed video aren't exactly standard yet.
One alternative to lossless x264 encoding that I've used in the past is huffyuv, might be worth checking out as well, although I haven't compared the two when recording with PCSX2.
On my machine, avi dumping (and playback) is always slower uncompressed than with lagarith. Might not be true if you have an SSD, though, or a slow CPU.
Indeed, uncompressed on a normal HDD will be much slower than losslessly encoding with something due to huge HDD write speed bottlenecks
[Image: newsig.jpg]