Anyway to "overclock" pcsx2s emulation?
(02-25-2015, 06:58 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: @Ssakash - when I said not to suggest it, I meant not to suggest it to random people who were not looking for that type of feature.

It's okay to suggest it when people are looking for it, that's why I made it public. It will be integrated with main branch soon enough(in a slightly different way) anyway.

@Formula21 - it's not complicated, just set the EE slider to overclock %. 1 simple step. But it is currently not supported on the forums if it causes bugs.

Oh really? it was late and I just seen a wall of text and I was like ya not happening. So basicly I keep my frame limit cap on and just but the clock up and it should (in theory) smooth out some inherent stutters with that game on ps2 hardware without making the game run fast?

Sponsored links

(02-25-2015, 07:05 PM)Formula21 Wrote: Oh really? it was late and I just seen a wall of text and I was like ya not happening. So basicly I keep my frame limit cap on and just but the clock up and it should (in theory) smooth out some inherent stutters with that game on ps2 hardware without making the game run fast?

Yeah, in some games it will. Some it won't help. It just depends.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/leesmd5vbpbsjxy/pcsx2_oc_test_2.7z?dl=0

Extract it, drop the EXE in your PCSX2 directory and run it.

Then go to config->Emulation settings->Speedhacks tab.

Use the EE clock control slider, sliding it to the left, and choose one of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50% overclock. Keep in mind it does increase system requirements a lot.

Lastly, keep in mind that when you switch back to the regular PCSX2, you will need to put that slider back to default.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(02-25-2015, 07:10 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yeah, in some games it will. Some it won't help. It just depends.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/leesmd5vbpbsjx..._2.7z?dl=0

Extract it, drop the EXE in your PCSX2 directory and run it.

Then go to config->Emulation settings->Speedhacks tab.

Use the EE clock control slider, sliding it to the left, and choose one of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50% overclock. Keep in mind it does increase system requirements a lot.

Lastly, keep in mind that when you switch back to the regular PCSX2, you will need to put that slider back to default.

Ok thanks, I might wait til its in an offical release and maybe a bit smoothed over the fps stutter isnt huge in the game I want it for anyways.
your cpu should handle a mild overclock easily. (don't be afraid testing something new Wink )
MY cpu isnt the issue, the emulator is constantly pegged at 60 even on ZOE2 at x4 render resolution. Its the games themselves stuttering on the PS hardware.
(02-26-2015, 12:34 AM)Formula21 Wrote: MY cpu isnt the issue, the emulator is constantly pegged at 60 even on ZOE2 at x4 render resolution. Its the games themselves stuttering on the PS hardware.

Overclocking the ps2 raises requirements by a MASSIVE margin.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(02-26-2015, 12:38 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Overclocking the ps2 raises requirements by a MASSIVE margin.

I get that, but simply Ocing my processor isnt going to do anything to fix this issue without Ocing the emulator is my point.
Oh, I believe willkuer was referring to a mild overclock on pcsx2, not your pc
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Ahh ya ok..I see I misinterpreted it
Yeah out of context my comment was a bit misleading. But I really meant the ps2 and not your cpu.